Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you tried the Tria laser?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Have you tried the Tria laser?

I got the Tria laser. After enduring the expense of one professional treatment I thought it would be a good investment. I'm not sure it works. In comparison to the professional treatment I received once, I don't think it has enough Joules. Has anyone used it and had results? Truthfully I used it on my chin and a few other small areas. Not between my eyebrows or near my eyes. Don't do that. I was shaving the chin area because that's what my laser person told me to do and to stop tweezing. After using this for about 4 months I saw no results. In fact because I was shaving instead of tweezing when I looked closely at my chin area I realized that anyone who go close enough could see the stubble. I let it grow for a day and it took me over an hour to tweeze all of it. Now that it has been tweezed it all doesn't come to the surface at the same time and a quick shave over a few little hairs is much easier and less noticable than feeling sandpaper on both sides of my chin.

I think I have to buck up and just pay for the professional cost. I'm so exhausted from dealing with this. I can't get close to anyone. I'm almost 30 and otherwise pretty. I want a boyfriend, and eventually a husband and a family. I never want to sleep at a guys house because I have to wake up quick and go shave it and I dont want him to touch my face. Give up on tria and pay for a pro? Maybe the tria is just making it worse?

• Have you tried anything like Nair? I have a few dark hairs that come out on my chin and upper lip. I use Nair (Shower) about once a week and that helps minimize it so I'm not having to look for it every day. Also, have you visited an actual dermatologist? That might be a good start.

Do you have PCOS? (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Thanks for your reply Beautiful Disaster. I don't have PCOS. I have only seen a OBGYN practitioner about this and she said it was very unlikely based on my lack of other symptoms. I'm not thicker in the upper body, I don't have a lot of dark hair all over like my back or stomach. She suggested an endocrinologist but unfortunately I have had draws and they said WNL for my thyroid and I have a history of mental health so they treat me horrible... I WAS 16!! I tried to OD and if I have some health problem now they treat me like... it's psych. Welll... this is not. It's like they think I'm looking for an illness. I wish insurance would cover real laser removal. Because... I feel like a freak having a scratchy chin and it's a daily bother. I worked in health care and with people who have DD or mental health stuff... they get treated different. Like their problems are all mental or something fictional or the doctors just don't know how to deal. Even my dermotologist just put me on the pill. That didn't help at all. It just made me crabby. I have the Copper IUD I love it 23 days out of the month.

I've tried NAIR and I get chemical burns and that's just on my legs. The strange thing is.. I'm kind of a hairy girl but my legs aren't so bad. If I have a little bit of a tan you cant even see the hair. No tan... sure those black buggers stick out like no other. My arms are hairy. I just trim and bleach it. My face however.... I can't deal anymore.

I've heard of men having their insurance cover the cost of laser hair removal because they had constant folliculitus. I don't actually have a hormone problem, I have folliculitus from this issue, sensitive skin, and I have to pay like $400/month to get the issue dealt with permanently because I'm a woman and it's seen as a 'beauty' procedure. I'm not even 30 I have scars like a man who has a rugged shave. How much do I have to spend now to treat ingrown hair/folliculitus/aging/scaring.... because it's a cosmotology issue and not a health issue. No... this is a 'health' issue. It's so unfair. Women who have this suffer more than just not looking like a model. It's not like getting a nose job. If you born this way it's not like just having a big nose and if you want to fix it it costs MORE!! I think laser hair removal on your face if you have a skin issue present alongside other methods and it otherwise affects your wellbeing should be covered. But... what do I know.

Comment

• The only way i have to explain this to men if I feel comfortable enough is that my mom is like a Fitzpatrick IV and my dad is a Fitzpatrick.... white skin, blue, eyes, black, hair. I got the blue eyes. I can tan in the summer. It's great but I'm like an Irish Kardashian. I don't tan year round. And I can't afford what she can. I think she endorsed the Tria. Wellll... she probably got a professional to fix it and her skin is so gorgeous. In the summer mine.... can be just as pretty. except I cant get rid of this issue and it's damaging the skin on my face bad around my chin. I hate it.

Comment

• PSS... if you use it on your eyebrows you are dumb and I'm like pale ghost white with dark hair when I use it. My skin damage comes from shaving, chem burns, plucking, ingrowns... not the Tria.... You need a Fitzpatrick scale of 3 or less to use it. I'm a 3 in the summer and even though it buzzes when it supposedly doesn't go off.... it does. It just doesn't have enough joules to make the hair pop out. I have to get a pro treatment for this. It costs a ton. I had one. Only a few hairs popped out. But at a pro treatment. It will smell like burned hair, your hairs will pop out, and it wont just jolt them a little it will fry them. They will come out. Unfortunately one treatment costs as much as a Tria and to treat it all you need at least 6.

Comment

• I have used Tria laser. It is very nice . It is no side effect.its result is very good.

Comment

• Interesting thread. I was interested in buying one of these. I'm very pale and have dark hair, so it seems like I'm a good candidate for it.

So far it seems hit and miss for your guys though?

It's over $500 once you factor in all charges, seems like a lot of money to risk.
              Pigeonholer extraordinaire!

Comment

• I tried Tria laser. The result is good for me.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X