Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

normal hair pattern?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• normal hair pattern?

This is kind of an embarrassing question, but what is considered normal as far as pubic hair pattern? I know some of it probably depends on heritage/genetics among other things, but after looking at some nude shots of lady parts, I'm convinced that I have hair growing in places where it shouldn't. Basically it covers the front as well as outer labia and inner thighs. I also have some around the anus which is a pain to shave. Do most women have hair in those places or am I just abnormal?

I've been to a doctor recently and have been tested for PCOS as well as hirsutism and all the bloodwork came back normal.

It's kind of a nightmare to keep it tidy, shaving usually leaves an itchy, bloody mess even if I use the best/most expensive razors and follow all the guidelines. I can wax the upper portion of bikini line, but going down becomes very painful, same with epilators.

My last resort would be brazilian wax (at salon) and eventually laser.

• No worries

Originally posted by boxofparadox View Post
    This is kind of an embarrassing question, but what is considered normal as far as pubic hair pattern? I know some of it probably depends on heritage/genetics among other things, but after looking at some nude shots of lady parts, I'm convinced that I have hair growing in places where it shouldn't. Basically it covers the front as well as outer labia and inner thighs. I also have some around the anus which is a pain to shave. Do most women have hair in those places or am I just abnormal?

I've been to a doctor recently and have been tested for PCOS as well as hirsutism and all the bloodwork came back normal.

It's kind of a nightmare to keep it tidy, shaving usually leaves an itchy, bloody mess even if I use the best/most expensive razors and follow all the guidelines. I can wax the upper portion of bikini line, but going down becomes very painful, same with epilators.

My last resort would be brazilian wax (at salon) and eventually laser.
    From what I've seen on real people and in physiology/medical texts, this pattern of growth is absolutely normal. A lot of photos get photoshopped and a lot of models get shaved. (and there is a certain amount of variability between people). Please don't go thru heck just to conform. The hormone-receptive hair follicles are normally everywhere from butt crack around to navel, with some around the nipples and of course under the arms. In our ancient history, hair growing here signalled readiness for adult life, and if you believe in evolution, lots of guys must have liked it because lots of women naturally look like this.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X