Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truth about pubic hair...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• The truth about pubic hair...

My cousin went to her gyn and he told her that she had an infection, apparently he thinks it was mainly caused by some bacteria getting into her, because she had no pubic hair. However many times you wash, it's actually dangerous to not have at least a little pubic hair. Pubic hair is designed to stop bacteria and sweat from entering you, however many times you wash, you're not free of it. We have nose hair and eye brows to stop sweat running into our eyes and to stop bacteria from getting up our noses. Having no pubic hair encourages infection. He told her that actually a large majority of women with bacterial infections don't have pubic hair. Trimming of course is fine but have at least some.

• Well...that just confirms what Ive been considering....I'm goin back to the 70s. Bush...here I come!!

Comment

• I agree that trimming is good but we are made that way for a reason. It's part of who we are.
      Feel the same way for men who are shaving "all" body hair. Not for me!

Comment

• Yes good news......the bush is coming back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PattiSioux View Post
          My cousin went to her gyn and he told her that she had an infection, apparently he thinks it was mainly caused by some bacteria getting into her, because she had no pubic hair. However many times you wash, it's actually dangerous to not have at least a little pubic hair. Pubic hair is designed to stop bacteria and sweat from entering you, however many times you wash, you're not free of it. We have nose hair and eye brows to stop sweat running into our eyes and to stop bacteria from getting up our noses. Having no pubic hair encourages infection. He told her that actually a large majority of women with bacterial infections don't have pubic hair. Trimming of course is fine but have at least some.
          Its lack of washing down there possibly. :-/
          Hi btw :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by PattiSioux View Post
            Im personally not pubic hair person it really feels good not to have a bush. Hi btw..

Comment

• Well, all beauty preferences aside, what really eludes me is the following - do you really, as a 20+ year old woman want to look like a girl that hasn't even entered puberty yet?
              Just my two cents

Comment

• I started shaving my pubic hair at a young age and never really thought about letting it grow. To me, it was sorta like shaving my legs and I liked feeling smooth all over.

Comment

• I tried to shave the .. but they are way to hard to get shaved and cause unwanted irritation and redness ... i finally ended up using hair removal cream .. which isnt good either .. but I am still to scared to shave .. thinking that I might cut myself .. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Falana View Post
                    Well, all beauty preferences aside, what really eludes me is the following - do you really, as a 20+ year old woman want to look like a girl that hasn't even entered puberty yet?
                    Just my two cents
                    Exactly, when I was 14 I shaved all mine off. I'm not sure why as it wasn't for anyone but then I saw myself looking like an 8 year old again. I remember the trauma of wanting it to grow in so I could look like a real woman. Does anyone else remember waiting for it to grow in? whilst it felt like ages

Comment

• I've never shaved my pubic hair and have never had any complaints from men. I've even been complimented quite a few times when I disrobe with a new man for the first time that they enjoy the sight of my hair.

Comment

• To me pubic hair on a woman adds to the mystery.
                        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

Today, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                        • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

Today, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                        • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        Working...
                        X