Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waxing bikini area

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Waxing bikini area

I really want this done but I'm so nervous. It seems like it is so awkward! Like what do I need to do to prepare for it ? How painful is it ? How long does it last?

• Waxing is a common method.But you can think of laser hair treatment also.It is more faster,time efficient,has lesser side effects.
    Thanks.

Comment

• Waxing is the best way to go. It's not a big deal. You may want to take some Motrin before you go and my wax lady said to exfoliate the skin before you go in because it opens up the cuticles (not sure if that's really true).

Good luck!

Comment

• I think waxing has many disadvantages compared to laser.It is time consuming and does not give a long term solution.
        Thanks

Comment

• Be prepared for killer ingrown hairs!!! Ouch

Comment

• Originally posted by lissy73 View Post
            Be prepared for killer ingrown hairs!!! Ouch

Agree!

Comment

• I have done laser hair treatment many times but did not face any such problems.
              Thanks

Comment

• My sister talked me into getting a bikini wax when I was 16. The lady prepped one side and asked me if I was ready, then she let it rip. It hurt so much I kicked her across the room and threatened to deck her if she came near me again. Needless to say, I left there with only one side waxed.

Never again, just call me beaver for life.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
                ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• Hi Chaya,
                  I am really sorry about that.You have such a bad experience.But modern technologies like laser hair removal has turned the scenario all together.It is faster,quicker and safe.What do you say?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X