Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 and have shaving problems :( pls help

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• 15 and have shaving problems :( pls help

I'm 15 and I'm new here

Why is it that the hair in my legs are so fast to grow back again? it's like I'm shaving today...then tomorrow they will be sprouting back again? T.T

• Hi violet, welcome to WH

And, welcome to being a woman... Sucks doesn't it

Shaving will do that, but there are methods that can stop it for up to 3 months....

I am sure people will respond and advise...

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Yep... shaving really only keeps the hair at bay for a little while, since the hair is always growing, even immediately after you shave. I've actually never shaved my full legs, I only shave from the ankle to my knee, because I don't wear anything shorter than knee-length shorts or skirts. A shave will only be smooth for half a day or so before it starts to feel like sandpaper. Make sure to use a shaving cream or gel, and make sure you use nice sharp razors.

If you want super smooth legs that stay smooth for weeks, I would suggest waxing. My favorite is sugar wax (I use a brand called Moom that has tea tree oil in it, which works as a mild anesthetic). Sugar wax doesn't go on how, you just microwave it for a few seconds until it's just warm, so it doesn't burn. It washes off with water, so you don't have a terrible waxy mess. And it's even food safe, so you can wax your upper lip/eyebrows without worrying about getting anything harmful around your mouth or eyes. It takes a little while to get used to, but the hair weakens over time and pulls out more easily. It hurts, but not as much as you would expect. Though admittedly, I still haven't worked up the courage to wax my armpits :] I just wax my eyebrows, lip and legs. It takes a little while and uses up a lot of wax to do your legs, but it will last for weeks or months. I didn't wax or shave throughout the whole winter, but I still have some hair missing on my legs from my last wax.

Don't feel discouraged. It happens to all of us :]
      Last edited by azalea; 03-14-2013, 11:12 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• ,thank you

Comment

• ,wow thanks a lot! I'll sure try that....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X