Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting rid of fine hair on my stomach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Getting rid of fine hair on my stomach?

So I've noticed this for a few years now, and it's never really bothered me until I got into a serious relationship. I have quite a hairy stomach, but the hairs are very light and not that visible, but I know they're there. It doesn't seem to bother my boyfriend, I'm sure he knows they're there as he sometimes pays quite a bit of attention to my stomach when we're intimate, and he's never said anything. Whether it bothers him or not, I'm still very self conscious about it and would like to get rid of it.
    As they're already quite light, I don't think bleaching would help, but what's the best way to get rid of the hairs on my stomach without them growing back worse? I've read shaving makes the hairs grow back worse (hence why I don't shave my arms, I use hair removal cream), and that waxing is the best way, but if possible, I'd like to avoid waxing as I've read about bad side effects and obviously the fact that it hurts. I'd use hair removal cream as when I use it on my arms, it doesn't grow back as quick as shaving and I can keep it up, but they grow back weirdly.
    What's the best way to get rid of the hair on my stomach without it growing back worse?

• I would just wax it, but if you want something more permanent with no side effects maybe you can look into laser hair removal.

Good luck!

Comment

• I heard that " NO NO " product works well and supposedly there is a 60 day free trial, you might look into that , it's probably cheaper than Laser removal.

You might Google or Bing it, the No No, stands for No hair, No Pain, I believe

Comment

• I have just used the hair removal cream so I'm hoping they don't grow back worse. I looked at that 'No No' and unfortunetly, the 60 day trial is not free But thanks for your suggestions, if the removal cream doesn't work very well then i may try waxing.

Comment

• Which hair removal cream do you use? I have the same problem. Light hairs on my stomach that I never really care about unless I'm about to wear a bathing suit or go on a date. My guy has never commented on it either--I'm not sure he's even noticed, even though he pays a lot of attention to my stomach as well--but it just makes me less confident. I've been using Sally Hansen hair removal cream, and while it only lasts a week or so, it really works and there's no more hair on my stomach!

Comment

• If you are trying for a long term solution you can try laser hair removal.I think it is one of the best method which can reduce the growth of ingrown hairs.
            Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by birdy01 View Post
              Which hair removal cream do you use? I have the same problem. Light hairs on my stomach that I never really care about unless I'm about to wear a bathing suit or go on a date. My guy has never commented on it either--I'm not sure he's even noticed, even though he pays a lot of attention to my stomach as well--but it just makes me less confident. I've been using Sally Hansen hair removal cream, and while it only lasts a week or so, it really works and there's no more hair on my stomach!
              Someone shares my pain! Haha, it's horrible though
              I use Nair hair removal cream and it works quite well. I've used it on my stomach twice now and I suppose it takes about a month until I notice it badly needs doing again. The hair on my arms seem to grow back quicker and worse now though

About laser hair removal, again I've read about bad effects of that and that it is really expensive. I think the only way I'd try that is if I had excessive dark hairs everywhere, which luckily I don't. Hair removal cream will do for now

Comment

• I bet the reasons your bf's dont say anything is because they don't mind the hair at all. In fact they probably enjoy it and that is why they spend extra time on your stomach. Men can feel uneasy about having too much body hair for new woman in their life too. When they see the woman has hair it is like a relief.
                I love to feel the tiny hairs on my GF thighs. It is a real turn on. She also has small hairs below her navel. I love those too. My tongue works her bodies every square inch. I dont want her to remove the hairs. If she wants to for her own personal reasons that fine too but she don't need to remove for me. She often does not remove the hairs on her shins which is also a turn on because it brings variety and change. She can be smooth or have hair and I love both.

Comment

• epliation

have you tried an epilator? i have one and use it on various body parts and it can be a bit painful but less than waxing but has the same effects

Comment

• I personally find the creams as useless as a razor. My hair grows back at the same pace, so I tried waxing and I'm really happy with the outcome.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X