Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair around vagina

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Hair around vagina

I'm fourteen years old & single, and lately I've been worried about what others might think about the hair around my vagina and such. I know that it's perfectly normal, but I don't want my boyfriend to lose interest in me because of my vagina's appearance. There's even hair growing in my buttcrack; around my anus, and I have no clue what to do about this. I've already browsed the site some, and it's understandable that some males prefer a shaved vagina, and some prefer unshaved, but I just don't want to miss a chance with my boyfriend because of that. Should I boldly ask him what he prefers? I really don't have a clue.

• At your age and his age, he probably doesn't really know what he likes. Myself I prefer hair to none, but I think shyly asking him sometime would be OK.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• At 14 years old, I don't think your vagina has THAT much hair to look like something to avoid. It's completely normal to have hair down there. If you've been for a long time together, maybe you should have an open talk with him and see what he prefers. That's what I would do, personally.

Comment

• Hun, being a mom to four girls ages 15 . 14. 10 and 7. This is not something you need to be concerning yourself about and its sad your sexually active. Its normal to have hair there, and is not up to a man to decide whether you have it there or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmannaf View Post
          I'm fourteen years old & single, and lately I've been worried about what others might think about the hair around my vagina and such. I know that it's perfectly normal, but I don't want my boyfriend to lose interest in me because of my vagina's appearance. There's even hair growing in my buttcrack; around my anus, and I have no clue what to do about this. I've already browsed the site some, and it's understandable that some males prefer a shaved vagina, and some prefer unshaved, but I just don't want to miss a chance with my boyfriend because of that. Should I boldly ask him what he prefers? I really don't have a clue.

At 14 you should be asking your Mom about this and asking her to teach you about how your body is changing, what to expect and also have that " TALK " about how to Avoid being in a Situation that your "Boyfriend " would ever see your Privates while you are under the legal age of Consent.

You are on your way to becoming a Woman, Body wise. Don't rush it, you have a few years before you will need to know if your Boyfriend likes Pubic Hair or not . In My Opinion, you are far too Young to play " Show me yours, I'll show you Mine ".

Comment

• I will tell you this... if your boyfriend leaves because of your pubic hair, he wasn't worth keeping! You shouldn't have to worry about it if he truly loves you. Be careful at 14, please use protection. I know you don't want/need a lecture, but you should concern yourself more with protecting yourself from STD's & Pregnancy. It is completely normal to have hair around your vagina and anus at 14. I think you should make it YOUR OWN preference. Try shaving it once (be careful!) and see if YOU like it first. If you do, the keep it, if you don't then let it grow back. At his age, I assume he probably doesn't know what he likes either. Either way it shouldn't make or break a relationship based off of your pubic hair appearance. Just a heads up though, if you do shave it, once it starts to grow back it will get itchy...that's normal.

Comment

• Surely at 14 you shouldn't be sexually active or even contemplating sex - anyway so your Boyfriend should not know whether your Vagina has hair growth or not ...
              I find it quite sad that someone of your young age should think about being intimate with a Boyfriend
              Perhaps I'm too much of a Prude

Comment

• don't be told

dont let any man tell you what to do in regards to your body hair or hair on your head, how you should speak or behave or dress. do what you think is right and what you want to do.

and be careful.

Comment

• hair around vagina

it is normal at your age. our boyfriend might also have the same issue.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X