Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do woman fear their body hair is unattractive to men, all or just some

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do woman fear their body hair is unattractive to men, all or just some

I think the social conditioning put on woman and body hair is a little over board. When I was younger I too recall thinking it odd to see hair on a women body in places I was not accustom to seeing. I remember when I was like 12 I concluded on my own that woman don't grow hair on their legs because I never saw any on a woman legs. Now that misguided notion did not last long as I being a normal teenager who was discovering the beauty of woman I would discover that indeed women have hair on their legs, even stomach, arms etc just not to the same degree as men. In my late teens I remember being a little turned off seeing a little hair on a woman legs but not arms. This was crazy. Then one day in my twenties all changed. I remember being on a bus and noticed this beautiful sexy Asian woman about 25 with great legs one seat in front and on the other side of the aisle. Then the bus turned directions and now the sun was shining though the window on a angle directly on this sexy Asian woman legs. I saw many tiny thin hairs all over her shins and some on the back side to. I was surprised because Asians woman are almost hairless right. Nonsense, some yes but all. I was not turned off at all, in fact I was slightly turned on. Now if she had hairy legs like a man it would have been a turn off but my point is the natural amount of hair most woman can be sexy. Do you fear all your body hair or just in certain places?

Today my GF is Asian and she will often go completely natural and I think it is super sexy. She has more hair then most Asian woman, even some Caucasian women. Shins, arms, even some on her stomach below the navel. The tiny hairs on her thighs are very sexy. It is not a turn off at all.

• I don't like the obsession with hair removal in this country. Personally, I like to have just a little amount of hair so it looks like I am naturally mostly hairless. I know, its hypocritical, but that is the look I like. Personally, I don't like the way shaved legs look. They have this fake bumpy look to them.
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• I think body hair is more of a personal preference, it's not something we fear. Personally, I don't like any body hair on me. Aside from the very fine light hair on my arms I wax everywhere else. I do leave a small landing strip only because my husband likes it, but if it were up to me, that would be gone too. I like the smooth all over feeling. I equate it with cleanliness, but that's just me. Not everyone is going to think like that. It's ironic, because my husband has a lot of body hair and I love it on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovcookie View Post
        I think the social conditioning put on woman and body hair is a little over board. When I was younger I too recall thinking it odd to see hair on a women body in places I was not accustom to seeing. I remember when I was like 12 I concluded on my own that woman don't grow hair on their legs because I never saw any on a woman legs. Now that misguided notion did not last long as I being a normal teenager who was discovering the beauty of woman I would discover that indeed women have hair on their legs, even stomach, arms etc just not to the same degree as men. In my late teens I remember being a little turned off seeing a little hair on a woman legs but not arms. This was crazy. Then one day in my twenties all changed. I remember being on a bus and noticed this beautiful sexy Asian woman about 25 with great legs one seat in front and on the other side of the aisle. Then the bus turned directions and now the sun was shining though the window on a angle directly on this sexy Asian woman legs. I saw many tiny thin hairs all over her shins and some on the back side to. I was surprised because Asians woman are almost hairless right. Nonsense, some yes but all. I was not turned off at all, in fact I was slightly turned on. Now if she had hairy legs like a man it would have been a turn off but my point is the natural amount of hair most woman can be sexy. Do you fear all your body hair or just in certain places?

Today my GF is Asian and she will often go completely natural and I think it is super sexy. She has more hair then most Asian woman, even some Caucasian women. Shins, arms, even some on her stomach below the navel. The tiny hairs on her thighs are very sexy. It is not a turn off at all.
        The replies should be interesting on this subject. My wife is Thai, so she fits Lovcookie's scenario. In a lot of countries it is common for women to not shave everywhere. I don't think my wife has ever shaved her legs. If she did shave a lot, the growth would be thick and her hair is dark. Without shaving, the hairs stay short, thin and soft. She doesn't naturally have a lot of underarm hairs, but she plucks those she has.

The shaving everywhere idea seems to be pushed by movies and advertisers who can make money on women shaving (or waxing, etc.). Movies probably like a shaved look as it doesn't have possible darkening, or in some cases lightening to the photographing of women who are generally portrayed as very uniform in skin tone (or blemish-less if you wish to use that term). Men are usually not required to be so uniform although some make changes to project that image (kind of like body builders may do for competitions). Advertising uses images of people with very uniform skin tones. And, of course many people make a lot of money from cosmetics and various ways to get rid of body hair.

I think many women hate shaving their legs often after doing it a while. They come up with strategies to limit how often they shave them, but do it when they need to show their legs for social reasons.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I personally had a fear of men not liking the way my body looks, but after a while I realized it's not all about how you look, it's how you want to look. I had an open talk with my husband and we decided to go for a shaved look. We wax each other and it's going well, can't say no. I myself am a big fan of anything related to shaving, waxing and all that. Even if many may say it's better to stay natural, I'd rather not.

Comment

• My GF recently had her step sister over. She to is Asian but they are very different and not of the same blood line. She is like 5'0 and maybe 95 pounds and skinny top to bottom. The conversation came up where my GF mentioned to her step sister that I like her natural look. Jokingly they both explained how the step sister was basically hairless. She challenged me to find a single hair on her legs. I brought her out to the sun light. My she needed some sun. Legs were so white and pal. I found one tiny hair on one shin two whisper thin tiny hairs on the other. She has never shaved in her life. She has almost no eye brow hair and and very little pubic hair (wont say how I know on this post). To me it is no contest who has the better legs and it was the women with the hair. My GF's skin and shape were much better. Women don't try to get your legs too skinny. Some meat on your legs in the right places is much better.

Comment

• I agree with Lovcookie. I think men have an unrealistic vision of women, which has caused women to become confused.

Adolescent girls seem to feel it necessary to remove all body hair -except head hair- in order to be attractive to boys. To my way of looking at it, it's ridiculous and causes kids to become confused about their bodies.

I do appreciate women who shave their legs and armpits. But I am realistic. I know that women, especially moms, have a lot of work to do each and every day. To expect women to be always perfectly groomed, whatever that concept might imply, is unrealistic. I'm good with women not shaving because they're too busy. However, I would appreciate their shaving at some realistic point.

Comment

• I am far more confident having all hair removed from my body. I feel cleaner plus I love how smooth I feel. It's a bonus that my man loves it but he assured me he would be just as happy if I was natural.

Comment

• Originally posted by Romy View Post
                  I am far more confident having all hair removed from my body. I feel cleaner plus I love how smooth I feel. It's a bonus that my man loves it but he assured me he would be just as happy if I was natural.
                  Well my wife keeps her self smooth in the pubic area she loves the feels. It's more pleasures for her during sex and pretty much comes down to the most is she love the way it looks. As I can't lie I do as well lol.
                  When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Well my body hair is very pale so I shave for feel only and if the hair on my legs and lower pubic area was as soft as my arm hair I'd probably never shave anything but my pits.

Comment

• I don't fear my body hair,, but I do shave, not my arms,, Oh yes I have eyebrows too

Comment

• It mostly depends on the personal taste. Most man understand that woman body DO GROW HAIR, just in social event it can be uncomfortable.

Comment

• No doubt it's a personal choice much like some women prefer hairy guys to waxed /shaven guys.

To me it seems that a fully shaved genital area has trended in the past 10 to 15 years. Prior to that the more natural but 'neat' look was all the rage.

Myself I much prefer women to keep public hair - trimmed but certainly not all gone... It's what makes us sexually attracted! (I'm also a fan of armpit hair to some extent )

Comment

• My Girl friend is comfortable without shaving or waxing and for the most part does not care what people think if they notice some hair on her legs. On the other hand her daughter 19 admits she has even more body especially leg hair then her mother and she is considering laser hair removal. The pressure she has felt because she is Asian and "they are not suppose to have much body hair" seems to bother her. She can do what she likes with her body. I think it is too bad our culture in NA women puts women under the social pressure to appear hairless.

Comment

• Where is the pressure coming from? Friends, peers, magazines, the internet, advertising? Asians have body hair. Some groups of Asians have more than others. Asia is a large continent, after all and has many countries. Would her daughter feel less pressured if she was in the country of her mother's ancestors?
                              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X