Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before my pubic hair grows back? Tips to make a nice landing strip?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• How long before my pubic hair grows back? Tips to make a nice landing strip?

New to the forums, so this is my first thread!

Anyways, I had previously always kept my downstairs area only mainly shaved around the sides so it wouldn't stick out of my underwear or bikini, while still having a pretty big bush. Thursday though, I bought an electric razor for my bikini area and maybe went a tiny bit crazy and instead basically gave my vagina a buzz cut. Surprisingly though, it doesn't itch or feel uncomfortable, instead just feeling spiky and stubbly, but it's something I can deal with since I quite like the look and feel of it, as it is much more comfortable instead of my previous do' down there.
    But I was wondering how long it'll take to get back to a decent length again? And how long for it to get back to it's bush?
    I'm in no real rush, but I've recently begun to discover all of the different styles and cuts for down there and I'm really curious and want to experiment a little bit when them. Even though I'm a young virgin with no boyfriend to please, I feel like experimenting a little bit with my hair down there is a good thing to do to find out what I really like.

The next style I'm thinking of trying is a landing strip since I think those are really sexy and they look pretty easy. But I'm terrified of trying one and possibly screwing up so anyone have any tips on how to shave a good landing strip?
    I know worst comes to worse I could always just go Brazilian and shave it bald if I miss up, but I'd still really like to try a landing strip and see if that's even more comfortable than my current do'.

Please respond, any help is appreciated!

• Come on, almost 80 views and no replies? Can anyone help me, please

Comment

• Everyones different but I'll guess about a 4-6 weeks. Waxing might give you better results than shaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brita View Post
        Everyones different but I'll guess about a 4-6 weeks. Waxing might give you better results than shaving.
        I would love to wax but I'm so terrified of waxing. Mainly because I feel like I would screw it up waxing at home and I'd feel way too uncomfortable going to a salon and getting a wax. I also feel like I wouldn't be able to deal with the pain.

Comment

• From what I have observed, pubic hair grows somewhat slower than head hair. If your pubic hairs are thick, it will probably feel like beard stubble for a month or two, possibly longer. After that it will be long enough to bend sideways so it will no longer be as prickly. After a year of growing it should be in the inch to two inch range. It will probably take two to four years to get back to a fully natural look and length. Being young, you might not grow pubic hair as completely as you will when you are an older adult.
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Should take you about a month, honey. What you can do to get rid of that spiky feeling, though, is use some softening agents or homemade remedies. You will have soft hair and it will be pleasant to touch.

Comment

• Kate, any recipes for that? Homemade remedies.. I think that people here would love to hear and even try that.
              PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
                Kate, any recipes for that? Homemade remedies.. I think that people here would love to hear and even try that.
                I agree, I'd love to try some homemade remedies!

Thank you for all the help guys! It's been a week and I do think it has grown a bit, it looks like it's starting to curl slightly and look a bit more natural rather than it sticking straight up like previously. I'm going to try and make it to two weeks and decide then. I may shave it then and if not, I may wait until a month and see if I want to then. Most likely a month though because it's growing in so unevenly, unfortunately, but I feel like after a month (or maybe even two months!) it'll be decent looking but I don't know, really, as I do kind of like it the way it is now. I wish I would've cropped it short a long time ago!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X