Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative to waxing in pubic area

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Alternative to waxing in pubic area

Hello. I have a sensitive skin type and was wondering about how to go for pubic hair removal without waxing or using those hair removal creams that are available. Are there any homemade techniques available? Any thoughtful help is very appreciated.

• There's not much you can do apart from using a laser or electrolysis. They are really pricey and have a chance of failure. What I advise you to do is to try and soften your pubic hair and skin in that area. Drink lots of water, use baby oil and basically anything that would make your skin less sensitive - enough to be able to use a razor (you should try to find a razor with a built-in moisturizing strip).

Comment

• Ummm I'am not too sure about anything metallic let alone a razor near that region. I was hoping to find a better way without losing any sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Appy View Post
        Ummm I'am not too sure about anything metallic let alone a razor near that region. I was hoping to find a better way without losing any sensitivity.
        Personally I dont like the results of shaving alone. Though I do shave then give the area a couple days to come back out enough to pluck. The first plucking is time consuming but once thats done maintenance is fairly quick. The area is much smoother and stuble is unheard of even if you dont maintain every couple days. And really, it isnt painful.

Comment

• I'm really happy having had laser. It's worth the pain and cost. I do it because I prefer to be hair free but my partner is very very happy.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X