• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upper lip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upper lip

I have hair on my upper lips since I was 11 or 12 it grew very thick and dark. I initially bleached it then got it waxed every 3-4 weeks however the hair would start to grow back within a week. I then got sick of it and shaved it 5-6 times, I know this was a bad idea!. It then grew back stubbly and I began to use hair removal cream. I found myself using this twice a week as the hair grew back so quick. The past year I have been waxing it at home however the hair is only at bay for a day no and it is knocking my confidence. Does anyone have any tips?

Geez, the only thing that pops to mind is maybe try "Laser treatment" that could be expensive though, I'm not really sure.

Comment

yeah i think that is my only option at this stage! i will have to save !

Comment

Unfortunately besides the laser, waxing is the only option. It is supposed to make your hair finer the more you do it. I have definitely noticed the hair on my legs are much finer after years of waxing, but not so on the upper lips.
        Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

You can try VANIQA, a prescription cream. Google Vaniqa, if interested see your doctor.
          sigpic
          Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
          ― Bodhidharma

Comment

Originally posted by chaya View Post
            You can try VANIQA, a prescription cream. Google Vaniqa, if interested see your doctor.
            I googled VANIQA, I think this suggestion is the solution to your problem Nugget.
            "I make sure I do my best, because it is always worth it, no matter what you want to achieve in life."
            ANDREIA BRAZIER

Comment

Thank you just googled vaniqa seems like a really good solution ! never heard of it until now

Comment

What works for me...

I've tried quite a few different hair removal products/techniques and this one has worked by far the best for me:

(Link edited)
                I've been using it for a few months and have found it to be easy and effective for me. I have used it all over my face, with great care avoiding eyebrows and eyelashes. I adjusted quickly to the initial stinging and it hasn't left any irritation on my sensitive skin. I like that I can use it as often as I like and after a few times of use, it seems some of the hair hasn't grown back. I focus mostly on my upper and lower lips, and use tweezers for the more stubborn ones that are thick and deep.

My hair is dark. I've used bleaching creams that weren't effective for very long, plus were irritating to my skin. I also tried waxing which caused redness, dryness, irritation and pimples. I resolved to tweezing but I have too much facial hair to tweeze every one. This facial hair remover has been a blessing to my rather simple primping routine. That routine is especially simple now!

I chose this facial hair remover after reading some rather concerning reviews on other forms of hair removal. I was skeptical of it because it seemed too good to be true, yet figured I had nothing to lose considering the price.

I don't usually write lengthy comments like this, but if this can be of help to one woman it will have been worth it. I know there are other women like myself who don't go to spas or spent much time in salons or reading beauty magazines to learn what tools and techniques are available, yet we also desire to look as attractive as we can.

Originally posted by Nugget View Post
                I have hair on my upper lips since I was 11 or 12 it grew very thick and dark. I initially bleached it then got it waxed every 3-4 weeks however the hair would start to grow back within a week. I then got sick of it and shaved it 5-6 times, I know this was a bad idea!. It then grew back stubbly and I began to use hair removal cream. I found myself using this twice a week as the hair grew back so quick. The past year I have been waxing it at home however the hair is only at bay for a day no and it is knocking my confidence. Does anyone have any tips?
                Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 07-23-2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

You can say goodbye to unwanted hair growth on upper lip. Elos technology equipment at Lifescape Premier uses combined energies to effectively and gently remove hair of many colors and types from all skin tones. Best results are seen by coming in bi-monthly over the course of one year. Depending on consistency and hair growth patterns an average of 6-12 treatments is typical for 80% reduction in an area.

Comment

There is a hair removing device called no-no. It's meant to be really good and uses light/energy to remove hair from any part of the body. Basically, it is a hand held device that you move over your skin. I saw it advertised on TV but it should be available online. I don't know the exact website, though. Anyhow, I do hope I've helped.

Comment

Working...
                    X