Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shaving rash and ingrown hairs

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• shaving rash and ingrown hairs

You'd think I'd have this leg hair removal business sorted by my age but here I am with summer around the corner nursing two pins suffering the malpractice that is my hair removal regimen.

I don't know what I am doing wrong...but I do know that the rashy, bumpy, ingrown hair strewn bruised-looking mess that is my leg skin, probably aught not to be aired in public.

Usually I will exfoliate, epilate then shave and apply sudocrem. Repeated as necessary, only epilate if just few hairs, only shave if too short to epilate.

I always seem to end up with horribly infected hair follicles, ingrown hairs, lumpy bits and redness...and by the time it starts to look a bit less horrid, I need to shave or epilate again!

Please, any advice would be very welcome as im so jealous of all the perfectly uniform coloured hairless legs I see on women on way to work...I want to have that too!!!

Ps have any epilator users out there found that over time some patches of hairs just stop growing back? Even if I grow a full winter leg forest some patches remain hair free. Will I be hairless with no effort in another 20 years of epilating?

Hehe.

Also.does anyone epilate their arms?
    “...choose to believe in your own myth
    your own glamour
    your own spell
    a young woman who does this
    (even if she is just pretending)
    has everything....”
    ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

• Not much to offer here calibri, sorry. Have you consulted a dermatologist?
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• No it never occurred to me to see a derm about what probably amounts to very sensitive skin..but I never noticed this problem when i was taking antibiotics for acne.
      Maybe if I apply sudocrem every night then eventually the skin will normalise! Otherwise I'll just have to wear tights (or stockings) for the rest of my days!!
      your own glamour
      your own spell
      has everything....”

Comment

• I now use sensitive shave cream and tea tree body wash and the rashes etc have stopped! YAY. Try teatree oil body scrub if you are having this problem too!
        your own glamour
        your own spell
        has everything....”

Comment

• Thats great you found a solution that works for you
          I was wondering what it would be ... but sadly I'm allergic to tea tree oil

Comment

• Dematoligist consultation would be a better option and try to avoid avoid shaving.

Comment

• I have found a remedy that's worked wonders for me and super easy! You'd never guess raw potato! I had a nasty ingrown hair it was bad! I squeezed and tweezed but the hair was too far under the skin. So I spend hours online and came across the miracle cure. I sliced a strip about 1/4 in thick and put it on for 20 minutes and the hair jumped right out! No tweezing or squeezing it jumped out! So I had another smaller one and some razor bums so I had to try it again but this time I grated the raw potato and wrapped it in a paper towel and left it on for 20 minutes and it did the same thing! But this hair was so long it was crazy! So I finished on the razor bumps slowly rubbing the paper towel on my legs and the bumbs got smaller and less red quickly AND it took off the tiny hairs trying to come out! I really hope it works for everyone else as it worked for me!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to AC7

Doctors and nurses were saying that you needed to eliminate or almost eliminate fats for a healthy diet that would control our weight. An Atkins diet...

Today, 08:30 AM By jns
              • Reply to Spider In My Bedroom

Y'all are crazy!! Lol

Today, 05:41 AM By atskitty2
              • Reply to AC7

You're both right lol

Health is defined as the absence of illness or injury; or our condition mentally or physically. I think it's reasonable...

Today, 05:38 AM By atskitty2
              • Reply to The HPV Vaccine: Should You Vaccinate Your Kids Or Not? - Discuss

Oh, I absolutely agree. You would *think* that in the longterm, it would behoove insurance companies to cover something that prevents future cancers (and...

Yesterday, 10:06 PM By Alison H.
              • Reply to Attractiveness

I thought Handsome only applied to men??
                e.g. Mario Lopez is very Handsome (well that's what my wife thinks anyway!)

My wife doesn't...

Yesterday, 09:28 PM By muffin70

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X