Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me please?!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Help me please?!

I have a problem with my under arm hair
    So my skin is very sensitive and dry. I have shaved with Venus Gilette razors because I thought that they would be good quality and better for my skin. But the problem is that I can't shave very often. Once a week is the best that I can do or other wise my skin will be completely red and there's rash and everything. I'm a gymnast so I have practices five times a week and we wear tops so I really don't want my under arms to be all red or even worse to have hair there.
    I have tried somekind of epilators but it hurt like hell so that clearly isn't an option.
    Now I'm thinking that I should Electrolysis or somekind of laser treatment. I'd prefer if I could do this things at home.
    I'm only fifteen so I clearly don't have so much money that I could go to a salon many times.
    Somebody please help me with this!?!?

(I apalogize for my bad English. I'm from Finland)

• Welcome to WH ersee.

You could actually be allergic to the deodorant you use, or the soap you use in the shower. It may not be the shaving, that purely escalates the problem. Deodorants for the most part contain aluminum, fragrances, alcohol and parabens — all of which can trigger a rash. You are going to have to experiment with alternative under arms, that are free from these substances

Same could be with the washing powder used on your clothes that can irritate you.

With shaving, it can also cause in-grown hairs that can become infected especially if you have dry skin and irritation. Try waxing or use a depilatory (hair removal agent) instead.

Use an over-the-counter anti-fungal cream or lotion to treat the rash and wear lose clothing around your underarm not tight fitting, allowing it to breathe.

Speak to your instructor about it as well. Explain it to him/her as 5 times a week training, sweating under there, you may need to wash straight after with a non irritant soap and dry yourself under your arms each time. Constant sweat creates bacteria which creates rashes.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

Hello!
      The most important advice that has already been in this discussion is to spend more calories than getting them! I myself adhere to this tactic:...

Today, 08:38 AM By Nate Julia
    • Reply to Acne

Acne is a most common skin disease. Avoid chemical. Use natural products. Wash your face twice a day. Use lemon juice. It's really work.

Today, 08:25 AM By sarabjot
    • Reply to Hello

Hello Everyone, I am here new. I am Sarabjot. I am working at Sofat Infertility Centre. I am From Ludhiana , Punjab.

Today, 08:23 AM By sarabjot
    • Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

Thank you both soooo much. You both have helped me realise what I know deep down is right. I feel like I want to send you both chocolates !!!!! I have...

Yesterday, 06:29 PM By secretkeeper
    • Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

You've got the right approach, secretkeeper: I am glad I was of help, too.

There is no time in life to waste on people who just don't care...

Yesterday, 02:47 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Hello

Hi, Everyone!

Greetings all. I am a new member here

02-26-2019, 04:58 AM By alexcarey
    • Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

What do I do in this situation? I value all your thoughts here. My husband and I had a couple we spent quite a bit of time with enjoying outings and dinners...

03-22-2019, 01:45 AM By secretkeeper
    • Whats wrong with my sex?!

I have a question.. Me and my guy have been together almost 5 years. We used to have amazing sex. Now... It's few and far between. Every time he goes...

03-22-2019, 10:25 AM By stateofconfusion
    • Mid-Cycle Bleeding

Hi,

Okay, so in November I had a nervous breakdown. Had a normal cycle until February. About day 16-18 I had brown and clumpy spotting, right...

03-22-2019, 06:23 PM By almostbritain
    • Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
    Working...
    X