Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brazilian wax (hair removal)

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• brazilian wax (hair removal)

ladies I need your opinon it is hot as you know what in GEORGIA and I cannot stand hair on my private area. I have used Nair hair removal for my bikini area but it seems that my hair grows back within 3 days. I would like to hear from some ladies that have had a professinal brazilian wax. I also would like to know if sex is still comfortable without the hair for protection?

• Getting a brazillian wax is beneficial because the hair will stay away longer. But just keep in mind that it's going to be very painful. I would suggest starting out by just getting the outer edges waxed first to see how you tolerate it because once they put it on, there's only one way to get it off. The results are very nice though if you can handle the initial pain.

Not having hair down there will not cause any problems with sex. Actually many women find that it feels better. You can get more sensation with all that hair out of the way. Most men also like it better when there is no hair down there.

I used to shave, then switched to waxing. I am now in the process of getting permanent laser hair removal down there. Let me just say that my skin has never been so soft in my whole life! It's fantastic! No more stubble!

So I think you should try it. I know a lot of women that do it and they love it. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

• I haven't had a wax,I am kinda chicken bout it...looks painful! But I have been shaving for years and I just wanna tell you that sex without hair is greyt!Also alot of men like the bikini area smooth!

Comment

• Originally posted by altheria
        ladies I need your opinon it is hot as you know what in GEORGIA and I cannot stand hair on my private area. I have used Nair hair removal for my bikini area but it seems that my hair grows back within 3 days. I would like to hear from some ladies that have had a professinal brazilian wax. I also would like to know if sex is still comfortable without the hair for protection?
        I get a brazilian done every 3 weeks and I can say from experience that it is the best! It will be painful the first few times you get it done but it's well worth it. "It" looks a lot prettier with the brazilian done. AND, in my opinion, it's better during sex

Comment

• So with a brazilian, they wax everything? Do they leave a strip or anything?

Comment

• Can usually ask

You can usually ask for them to leave you strip if you want. However if you were not to say anything they would remove everything. I would recommend that if you are going to do it, might as well experience having it all removed. Make sure you go to someone qualified, as it will be painful and sensitive. It can also be a bit pricey to constantly maintain, but it can be a nice treat.

Comment

• brazilian wax...NEW YORK

i have always wanted to get a brazilian wax but i am scared and not sure which salons to go to.......i live in new york...if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it....

thank you

jess

Comment

• Brazilian wax

Hi,

I'm a hetero male and just last week I got my first brazilian wax. I do this as I don't like hair down there and I'm a bodybuilder. When I went there, the waxer was a Russian woman(older in her 50's) and very professional. She left the room and gave me a robe(don't really know why). I laid on my back and she gave me this paper to cover up. After awhile I didn't care as she was holding my **** and balls and pulling every way. You MUST leave any shyness at the door. At one time, I was on my back holding my legs up in the air and she waxed my ***(not the *** but the crack).

As for pain, I didn't make a peep. My toes curled up once or twice but that was it. Even she was surprised. However, at the end she left some lotion to put on my sack and said it will tingle. I rubbed it on my sack, and let me tell you, if I was into S&M I would have loved it. I was naked in this room and hopping from one foot to the other as my balls were ON FIRE!! I also had some bleeding on my scrotum and she said this is normal. Well let me tell you, I wasn't up for sex for about 4 days. As a guy that is alot!! It took me about 3-4 days of moisturizer on my balls before I felt back to normal. Also, as I lotioned my balls I never got erect as the pain was still there. So all I can say, is during the process, I thought it wasn't so bad, but the few days afterwards it was. I plan on going back, as she said its always easier after the first time.

Hope this helps from the male perspective.

Comment

• my brazilian wax experience

I went and had a brazilian wax done about 3 wks ago. I was very excited about having it done. I had read about ot online. I got thier and she had me undress from the waist down, lie on the table and she asked me what all I wanted off. I told her all of it. She said good, it is good to have it all of the first time. I would really like it an d become addicted. She put on the hot wax and then the paper, then rriippp. It didn't really hurt, but a little shocking I then really got into it. As she moved further down, it got warmer, kind of a turn on. A few times when she put on the hard wax, for the more stuborn hair, and then pulled it off my toes curled some but not bad. It took about 45 min. When she got down between my legs she had me spread my legs quite abit. this got to be very sensitive do to she was inside of my inner lips of my labia. I endured O.K. When I got home my ***** was on fire and very red. I took some Advil and kept up with my daily duties. It was so smooth. I really liked it. I could feel the wind blow through my pants when I went out side. It got me quite excited. My husband really liked it. It was a surprise to him. He didn't know that I was going to do it. He is wanting me to go get it done again. Sex was really great. Alot more sensitivity down there. I am going to go have it done again on Thursday. I can't wait. I would recommend someone to go have it done you will be pleased.

Comment

• i've only gotten a bikini wax done. working my way up to the brazilian, thought i should start off easy first then work my way there. i think if i had gone the whole way the first time it would've been painful and i might not even want to do it again. the lady i go to also waxes my eyebrows. she suggests that you go a few days after your period or about a week before you get it. she told me she does hers herself and she actually takes shots before she does it! hahaha, i thought that was pretty funny. but she suggested to me that i take asprin or something before to ease the pain. i didn't take anything for my first bikini wax but she did put some kind of aroma therapy stuff in the room to help me relax. just remember to breathe!!! i kept holding my breath, getting prepared for her to rip the wax off and she had to remind me. but honestly it wasn't as painful as i thought it was going to be.

Comment

• is it normal to have the hair around my anus to be removed with a brazilian wax?

Is the hair around my anus supposed to be removed when i have a brazilian wax? Someone let me know quick, I have an appt. today for my second wax.

Comment

• my friend told me that this girl that she knows goes to a lady that will do that for her. but i haven't gotten it done and i don't really know anyone else that has so i'm not sure if EVERY person will do this.

Comment

• hi
                          i have been gettin the brazilian since january. all was well until the last two times. i have been having really awful allergic reactions. the last time she used a different wax than normal and i reacted for about a week - serverly itchy skin down there, bumps, extreme redness and pain!. and i just went back two days ago and she used a new wax. it has really taken a bad turn. the redness is far worse and the itching is insane. not to mention i can barely walk without pain! I dont know what the cause is and i was curious if any of you other women out there have had similar reactions? i know i wont be going back for a while until i find out why this happens to me! although i have to say i love it and the brazilian wax is addicting!
                          thanks

Comment

• Brazilian Waxing

I do Brazilian Waxing everyday for men and women (more women). And the main reason that the women come is because their significant others ask them to. However, all my customers are happy that they did it because its a cleaner feeling once its all done, not to mention that their mate always is much happier. If you are looking for a way to "suprise your man" and "spice things up" then this is a sure start in the right direction. **EDIT**
                            Last edited by caterpillar79; 01-20-2010, 10:26 AM. Reason: promotional links/addresses/phone numbers are not allowed in the forum

Comment

• prices?

I've never had a Brazilian before but I'm excited about getting one. Approx. how much do you normally pay for a Brazilian wax? I found a few sites saying you shouldn't pay less than 50, but some places can be 100 dollars. The few places I have found in my town have priced Brazilians at 38 and 45 dollars. Do Brazilian prices generally vary by area this much....I don't live in a huge city. Would it generally be enough to call and ask how long the waxers have been working or is there some kind of certification they should have? I just don't want to end up with a bad Brazilian waxing experience.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X