Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hairless men!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Snooping around this morning and came across this post. I like the point bel08 makes about those of us who are more gender fluid not being put off by some traits of our gender on the opposite gender. I find this to be a touchy point for me. I have been attracted to men who have somewhat of an androgynous "look" but there is a reallll fine line to me. Shaved arms and legs is too much for me. I like a man with some hair. I don't mind one who is well groomed, but he need not be softer than me. I'm dating someone now who has very long hair. My personal opinion is that he'd be much more handsome with a shorter cut, but I'm just fine with him the way he is. But I did tell him that I'm not a fan of the "man bun" or the "he-hive". LOL!
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Mullets and frosted tips used to be popular too, once! It's just trend setters paving the way. I don't care what my husband wears but as he's comfortable and confident wearing it he looks perfect! (I don't get the man bun either to be honest)

Comment

• I like a man to have less hair. I don't like very hairy arms or legs and I'm not a fan of facial hair. I do like men with long, black hair, however. I wouldn't rule a bloke out for being slightly hairy!

Comment

• I just ran into this old thread and found it to be very depressing.

It seems that the majority of women prefer hairy men. Many women are screaming over men with unbutton shirts showing hairy chests, also lots of women find facial hair sexy/attractive such as well groomed beards & mustaches.

I don't know if it's some kind of rare medical condition, but I have no body hair like normal men. I have lots of hair on my head, and pubic hair, but nothing else. I've done a lot of research over the years but never found any medical related issue that would cause it.

I have no facial hair, only very few pops up now and then above my upper lip and chin that I can shave maybe once a month, a lot of time I could just pick out the hair with tweezers. I always like to grow a mustache to look more manly, even tried a few hair growing ointments but nothing worked.

Worst of all, I have no leg hair at all! I really don't understand how this strange condition happened to me, my brother and other asian men I know all have leg hair so it's not because of my asian descent. No leg hair for a man is extremely embarrassing, I rarely ever wear shorts because I don't want people to think that I shave my legs (I've been asked once about it).

I have no arm hair, no chest hair, no back hair. And more embarrassing is the lack of underarm hair. I have so few and so thin underarm hair that it's barely visible, you have to be inches away from my armpit to see it. Whenever I'm shirtless on the beach or at a pool, I have to always remember not to lift my arms in order to hide the underarm. It's an advantage that I have no underarm odor and very little underarm sweat, but it's also a big embarrassment for a man with no visible underarm hair.

I've always been sensitive about being hairless because it make me feel like a lost soul in the society where hairy men are being seemed as sexy & manly. I always felt uneasy taking off clothes the first time being intimate with a woman, so I didn't date a lot before marriage. And I'm really hesitate to date again even though we've been separated for over 3 years.

Surprisingly something so insignificant like body hair that most people don't even think about can be so depressing!

Comment

• Some women prefer hairless or almost hairless men. I think I would look at not having underarm hair as a blessing. I have no back hair and only a small amount of chest hair. Have you had women say something about your lack of hair except on your head and on your pubes?
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post
              ...Have you had women say something about your lack of hair except on your head and on your pubes?
              Only 1 time, a girl that I dated a long time ago told me that I remind her of her cousin's sphynx cat that has no hair, I had not idea how to respond to that.

My ex occasionally said she wished her legs are like mine so she doesn't have to shave them. I wouldn't say that was a compliment, just her frustration of having to shave in order to wear skirt or shorts.

Comment

• Originally posted by doninvaughan View Post
                My ex occasionally said she wished her legs are like mine so she doesn't have to shave them. I wouldn't say that was a compliment, just her frustration of having to shave in order to wear skirt or shorts.
                Some women being jealous may be the only reaction I think you would get from women. I shave every day or every few days. I know you said you would like to grow a mustache; I would like it if I never had to shave again because my facial hair did not grow. Take pride in yourself.

BTW, was your ex Asian? I ask because my wife is Thai and she does not shave her legs. To me they look just fine. Most other Southeast Asian women I know do not shave their legs.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I know a lot of Chinese and Korean men and they tend to be less hairy. It's normal.

Judging from their reproductive rate, they're not having a problem attracting women.
                  "Those sowing seed with tears
                  Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Wow this is an old thread! Regarding hair, I've got it everywhere except on my face, and that only because I shave once or twice a day: the second time if I'm going anywhere in the evening, since by mid-afternoon I've got quite a bit of stubble. Very hairy chest, legs, arms, and possibly my back too - I can't see there! Recently I had an EKG for a routine physical, and the nurse shaved large patches of my chest (rather inexpertly, I might add) to attach the electrodes, so for almost a week I had these bare patches, and I was surprised at how uncomfortable some of my shirts and sweaters were when they were actually in contact with my skin!

Comment

• That's an interesting post, Loric2014. I am always interested in a little science.

Comment

• Late to this discussion but thought I'd contribute...

I like having a neat and tidy short beard. I am generally not a hairy guy but i even out my chest hair.

I keep my public region completely shaved and clean. There is nothing more off putting than seeing a lady have to pull hair out her mouth when giving a bj. It's also much smoother and looks better. I have a beauty mark on my groin which partners find attractive haha.

The extra inch or 2 being clean shaven provides is an added bonus too!

Comment

• I prefer men to be groomed but not shaved completely. That is just my preference, doesn't mean it right or other preferences are not just as valid. I prefer to be hair free from the neck down on my body.

Comment

• Originally posted by gt30743 View Post
                            I prefer men to be groomed but not shaved completely. That is just my preference, doesn't mean it right or other preferences are not just as valid. I prefer to be hair free from the neck down on my body.
                            I think that's the general consensus with women who don't like a man completely unshaven. I use an electric shaver that's a "zero" but mainly because it means i don't need to do it so often. It looks best after a weeks growth.

Comment

• I've never seen a man who shaves downstairs. But i do enjoy a hairy bum

Comment

• Originally posted by bel08 View Post
                                Theres a really strong hair aversion going on lately. Hipsters are in fashion so having well groomed facial hair is deemed attractive but apart from that i think hairy bodies are frowned upon. Personally i like my men hairy. I also am pretty relaxed about my own body hair. I mean i shave my legs and underarms but only when i feel like it. I dont care if i have a bit of "stubble". I trim my pubes but i flat out refuse to shave or wax downstairs. I find complete baldness on males and females to be weird. Like the obession with youth has led our culture to idolise this image of looking like children, hairless. Personally i think thats messed up. Im an adult, i went through puberty, i have hair.
                                Great commentary.

IMO, women worry about stuff that men never notice.

BTW, you sound a lot like my g/f. She can go a week or more w/o shaving.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
                                • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
                                • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
                                • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

07-20-2019, 01:51 AM By driiols
                                • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
                                • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
                                • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
                                • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                                  I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
                                • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
                                Working...
                                X