Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do men prefer?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• My husband says he likes " a little shrubbery down there... no baldies but I don't want it to look like you got buckwheat in a headlock either....." ===== Husbands say the darndest things.
    :D"I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me!!!":D

Comment

• I'm men. I definitely say i prefer the hair. it look more natural.

Comment

• I am a man. I strongly prefer natural, i.e. untrimmed and unshaved, the hairier the better. It's more of a turn-on, but then I like unshaved armpits, treasure trails, and actually even hairy legs on women. All in all, I think women are just about perfect and they don't need too much fixing to get my attention. I won't turn down a bald , but a full bush is not only more appealing to the smell, it is more fun to eat. I may be in the minority of men though, but I don't really think a lot of men today actually count as grown-ups.

Comment

• I'm a male and prefer my wife to be neatly trimmed-preferably on the shorter side BUT it's her body and can do as she pleases. I would never tell her how to take care of herself. Most of the time she is neatly trimmed (as I am) but once in a while it will be a little longer or shaved-don't mind the variety at all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elanor-Jane View Post
            I don't understand ppl thinking a Brazilian reminds them of little girls u don't look at little girls so why would it remind u of one? I don't think of little boys when I see my bfs shaved balls! Why is it that a mature form of a woman with bare skin correlates to a pre pubescent girl but a smooth penis area is still just a guys downstairs.. Women are viewed on so many different levels and categories when it comes to their bodies and shoulds and shouldnts it really annoys me
            When I hit puberty and started growing my first pubic hairs, I was very proud, because I felt like it was another step closer to adulthood. Notice I said adulthood rather than manhood, because all sexually mature humans have body hair, and I so I don't think body hair is a matter of masculinity. Children don't have body hair, and so I can understand why some people make the comparison between a shaved/waxed vagina and a prepubescent girl. Though, to be fair, women also grow hair on their legs, but many of them shave or wax that hair off, and you never hear anyone say that it reminds them of the legs of a prepubescent girl.

Comment

• Textinator,

The fallacy of your logic is that legs and armpits are not genitalia. A woman's shaved legs, while very appealing, do not indicate sexual encounters. While women shaving armpits and legs has become a cultural norm that's associated with hygiene, women who shave their pubic regions generally do so for sexual purposes. And for me, the sight of a little girl look is a complete turn off. I literally cannot get excited by the little girl look. I have walked away from encounters because of it.

One woman I dated about a year ago caused me to feel unsure. So before we had sex we were drinking wine in a jacuzzi. We were kissing and extremely close to each other all night. As soon as she sat on my lap I felt beneath her bikini. I was pleased that she was comfortable being a woman, and I told her so. Our relationship progressed from there. And she also liked the fact that I appreciated a woman who looked like a woman.

BTW, not all the long ago I saw a TV segment about why women began shaving their armpits and legs. It started in the Roaring 20's with flapper girls. It was a marketing strategy. Razor manufacturers realized that at least 50% America's population was excluded from buying their products. So razor manufacturers began a marketing strategy aimed at women. They convinced women that they should shave their armpits and legs. Voila, a 100% increase in market share. Now you can't beat that!

Take care,

Taos

Comment

• Tex, I agree with you, and I am a woman, I fail to see how men compare a woman's shaved legs to a shaved vagina, as looking like a "child"...I think nearly every "girl" at some point given I am 48, going on 38, shaved her legs from an early age, to me it was more of "embarrasement" even though I am blonde, hairy legs even way back then was perceived to be a turn off for men.. But never, in my life have any of my boyfriends/partners/friends male, comparred shaven legs to shaven vaginas in comparisments. As I said, for "me" it had nothing to do with commercials, it was already the "in thing" women just did that, as hairy legs apparently was not "in" and we followed the crowd...

The fallacy of your logic is that legs and armpits are not genitalia. A woman's shaved legs, while very appealing, do not indicate sexual encounters. While women shaving armpits and legs has become a cultural norm that's associated with hygiene, women who shave their pubic regions generally do so for sexual purposes. And for me, the sight of a little girl look is a complete turn off. I literally cannot get excited by the little girl look. I have walked away from encounters because of it.
                ? This is Tex's opinion, just as much as you are writing your opinion. And my opinion on that take is, a woman's shaved legs do indicate sexual encounters whilst she parades her tanned, toned, sexy legs with her appealing skirt and high heals...I do not shave my legs for hygene? I have stated why I shaved my legs and still do and besides, I find it sexy, I feel sexy, the hair under my arm pits, same thing, it has always been from the day I can remember that it doesn't look feminine, nothing to do with hygene.

Off course I am going to ask my man whom I am in a long term relationship with what he "prefers", ultimately it is my choice though, it's my body... My Fiance actually even stated that but also said he loves it just the way it is.

I don't like alot of hair why? Because wearing a bikini and checking is just a pain in the butt.. I do like hair there, as it to me is sexy, but I like like a lot of women just the landing strip, I find I can wear my bikinis proudly, not ever having to worry and I find I feel sexy, then there is the added sensitivity as you walk, as the hair is not um bunching up it's a smooth nice walk...So for me, again, I disagree, I do not do it for sexual purposes I do it for ME.

IDK I seem to be disagreeing with a lot of what you are saying but then maybe that's because you are not saying "for me" in all that you say, instead women do this for this reason, women like this, ...

NOT the case.
                Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 08-19-2011, 06:08 PM. Reason: silly board copied it 3 times:)
                PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• That's my point. As someone mentioned earlier hair removal anywhere is old news. I like a variety of looks lol but mostly I prefer hair on top, bare underneath, not because the baldness reminds me of when I was 12 but dang that hair up top is so much coarser! Lol and I'm not doing it for anyone but me. Oral sex and touching in general feels better when my outer lips are smooth. Just something I like I guess
                  If I knew where I was going I would already be there
                  I wish I had more time. Judicious, beautiful, augmented, whatever.
                  I've always been afraid to die, but I think I'm more afraid to live. (BC, SP)

"I would go out tonight, but i havent got a stitch to wear!" Morissey

Comment

• It's true that the shaving trend began as part of a marketing strategy. In the early 1900s, as women began showing more and more skin, they also showed more and more body hair. Manufacturers of disposable razors thought they could make huge gains by pushing the idea that body hair on women was distasteful or unhygienic, and of course they offered their product as the perfect solution to this "problem." This attitude then also gave rise to landing strips and eventually Brazilian waxes, as swim suits continued to shrink.

But not all women remove body hair to give into societal pressure. Many do it because they honestly prefer the look and/or the feeling of smooth skin. Even though I don't think that body hair is a sign of masculinity and that smooth skin is necessary to be feminine, and so I couldn't care less if a girlfriend were to decide to stop shaving, that doesn't mean every woman with a boyfriend with a similar attitude is suddenly going to throw out the wax and razor. If she really does feel sexier this way, why should she? It's her body after all. Some thing people do to be sexy for others, some they do to be sexy for themselves.

Even if many do feel that body hair has something to do with gender, I'm not afraid of doing some trimming to feel more comfortable in the summer months. Does that make me less masculine? No. But would I honor anyone's request to take a razor or some wax to my happy place? No, because I wouldn't like the look. Do I understand it when other men do it? No, but it's their body, and their choice, just as women have the right to trim and to keep whatever hair they like, even if they go bare because they honestly like it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn33 View Post
                      I am new here. I am a 33 year old wife and mom. Probably one of the few women my age that has a huge "70s style" bush. My husband is completely turned off by shaving. So Im cool with it. I often wonder what has made so many turned of by pubic hair on women. Go back a few decades and guys just werent so grossed out by a bush on a girl. Times and attitudes have drastically changed on this subject.
                      The only way is a good ole bush....

Comment

• I personally prefer hair, i let it grow to the full look, but i keep it very neatly trimmed and not too long.

Comment

• shaved

the hygiene feeling never fails to make me confident. my husband like it the most when it did

Comment

• Gee, I perfer both. What I mean is change it up. I love a hairy bush, a trimmed bush and a bald one. I like them all. Just like when I lick a her shins and they are smooth then when I get above the knee my tongue starts to feel small hairs. I find that sexy. If my woman forgets to shave her legs I can find that sexy just like if they were smooth as silk. For me make it different every once in awhile.

Comment

• Lovematch

My hubby and I have been married now for 14 years, and he prefers some hair down south! He told me not to shave it all off because he was honest it would look like a little girl down there, and we have 6 daughters not to mention sons. He thinks a woman should look like a woman. I love sexy panties and I do keep it trimmed and short. I disagree with hair making a woman smell bad! I love bubble baths and shower everyday, and lotion and perfume myself daily! My hubby thinks I look and smell yummy, and as long as he is happy that's all that matters! Besides I have shaved it all off down there it's awful you itch, and when I perfume and lotion down there it always burns and I can't enjoy smelling good!... Good clean habits is ones you take the time to make

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovematch View Post
                                My hubby and I have been married now for 14 years, and he prefers some hair down south! He told me not to shave it all off because he was honest it would look like a little girl down there, and we have 6 daughters not to mention sons. He thinks a woman should look like a woman. I love sexy panties and I do keep it trimmed and short. I disagree with hair making a woman smell bad! I love bubble baths and shower everyday, and lotion and perfume myself daily! My hubby thinks I look and smell yummy, and as long as he is happy that's all that matters! Besides I have shaved it all off down there it's awful you itch, and when I perfume and lotion down there it always burns and I can't enjoy smelling good!... Good clean habits is ones you take the time to make
                                Note for the men: I enjoy a man looking like a man with hair and as long as he showers and keeps himself clean and wears cologne, deoderant, but men without hair I couldn't handle it would look to kid like!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                                X