• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chin Hair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chin Hair

I'm in my early twenties and over the last year my chin hair has become unbearable. It grows back within the day and I've tried everything from shaving and waxing and plucking nothing works and I'm constantly getting bumps and ingrown hairs. I'm at my wits end I don't know what else to do, I'm considering laser hair removal but the idea or not plucking for six weeks and not shaving for atleast a week is daunting since I've never been able to go more than two days or it's ridiculously long and black and obviously noticeable. Does anyone have any tricks or tips.
    PS I've seen my doctor and he said it is not health related

That was going to be my suggestion-laser. That's all I know of.
    It may be a difficult few days, but if it works it will be worth it I think. It may take more than one treatment also.

If it bothers you that much, You could plan a few days off to stay home just prior to the treatment, to avoid anyone seeing you. Maybe it isn't as noticeable as you think?

Comment

My wife has a few of these on her chin. It's been quite distressing to her, but neither I nor anyone else even notices. The only time I have noticed is when I touch her face or if the light is shining on her just right.

She had been plucking them. Then she got some kind of electric plucker. She's tried waxing, scissors, chemicals, and other stuff. They all left her dissatisfied. This year she broke down and got an electric shaver. It's actually better than mine. She had mixed feelings about it at first. I think it was a bit of an assault on her womanhood - the whole thing is. We talked about it quite a bit. She really likes it now.

I tried it and it gives an extremely close shave. Mine leaves my face rough. After using hers, my face was like a baby's. It's a Braun. It's got a self cleaning/charging base. I can check the model if you'd like.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Thankyou for your replies. I will try the electric shaving route before I try laser removal. Thankyou so much for taking time to give advice

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
          I tried it and it gives an extremely close shave. Mine leaves my face rough. After using hers, my face was like a baby's. It's a Braun. It's got a self cleaning/charging base. I can check the model if you'd like.
          I would be careful about sharing an electric shaver. People have different bacteria on their skin and those bacteria can interact when sharing an electric shaver, resulting in a very bad odor and possibly skin problems such as a rash.
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Laser hair removal may be good but it isn't permanent and works best with dark hair and light skin tones. Electrolysis hair removal is a permanent solution when done the right way per webmd. It is a series of treatments. An electric shaver can cut off the hair above the surface of the skin. I've used one for decades. The hair below the skin can be dark in color and may be objectionable. Too close a shave, whether by bade or by electric shaver, can cause the hair to pull into the pore. If the pore then becomes clogged, bacteria can grow and an ingrown hair will result, causing a pimple or worse. I am personally familiar with a case where a guy shaved too close, then was in the hospital for a week due to the resulting bacterial infection on his face. If it wasn't treated, he would have died.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by jns View Post

I would be careful about sharing an electric shaver. People have different bacteria on their skin and those bacteria can interact when sharing an electric shaver, resulting in a very bad odor and possibly skin problems such as a rash.
              This thing doesn't just clean itself, it's sanitizes. I think that's part of what she likes. It's an extremely close shave that's disrupting the top layer of skin and cutting hair that will be going back beneath the skin and there's minimal risk of infection. She's had issues with ingrown hairs, but this makes it safer.

I only used it once right after she got it just to try it. I want a new shaver and she encouraged me to check it out. Even if I decided I liked hers, I'd probably just get my own.

Comment

I have them too. I have always had one or two but after I went off hormonal BC I got more of them. I have to pluck them pretty much every day, and I never leave the house without tweezers because sometimes I don't see them until I'm out in natural lighting. Other than laser removal, I don't have a solution.

One thing I used to do that seemed to help, I would let them grow out a day or two and then use a bleach creme to lighten the hairs. Then, at least if they were a little longer they weren't black. I did that specifically for special times, but mostly just tweeze.
                "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Oh, by the way, when I was in my twenties and experienced the chin hair I thought I was a total freak....UNTIL, I was having a girls night at my house with about 6 of my closest girlfriends. After a few drinks we began telling stories and laughing until our stomachs hurt. Somehow the facial hair and nipple hair topic came up and I think literally every one of us had them. Before that night, I never knew they had the same issue, but they all did in varying degrees. Made me feel better. :-)

Comment

Happy New Year, Maria,

There are plethora urban legends about hair. Men and women will grow hair in exactly identical places. I'd check with a dermatologist.

Shaving does not make hair grown thicker and more coarse. Hair growth is genetic and hormonal.

My advice is to not worry about it. Pluck it when you see it. And see a dermatologist for medical advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
                      Oh, by the way, when I was in my twenties and experienced the chin hair I thought I was a total freak....UNTIL, I was having a girls night at my house with about 6 of my closest girlfriends. After a few drinks we began telling stories and laughing until our stomachs hurt. Somehow the facial hair and nipple hair topic came up and I think literally every one of us had them. Before that night, I never knew they had the same issue, but they all did in varying degrees. Made me feel better. :-)
                      I think most if not all women grow nipple hair. My g/f had her nipple hair lasered.

Many years ago I dated a girl who'd pluck her nipple hair before she'd get in bed with me.

I think women make a issue of where hair grows, and most men don't care.

Comment

WaveRider - I agree. There is a man here and there who thinks body hair on women is "gross" and those men are the ones who make us self conscious.

Comment

We're mammals. We all have hair all over. It's just a matter of how long and thick it grows. One of the most beautiful, feminine women I've ever seen (or been with) had a weird, thick, silver whisker that grew out of her nose. It amazed me because it looked more like something that belonged on one of the cats I had at that point than a human.

On the flip side, one of the things I recently told my wife that made her feel a lot better is that men have little insecurities about masculinity too. My little cousin recently told me he was doing tons of push-ups daily because his chest is flabby and unmasculine. He's a manly guy, though. In my opinion he's a handsome man. I confided in her that I have a similar feeling about my chest. It's muscular, but I have big nipples - that's a feminine trait. I had never shared that with her.

No one is the perfect picture of feminine or masculine beauty. We all have flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
                            No one is the perfect picture of feminine or masculine beauty. We all have flaws.
                            I would say that the ideals are flawed since they are so far from obtainable for most. I prefer natural as opposed to a person looking like they were Photoshopped.

Comment

Have you tried doing electrolysis?
                              electrolysis works better than plucking

Comment

Working...
                              X