• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the breast implant shells made of???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the breast implant shells made of???

I was thinking of implants but I must say I have anxiety when it comes to health issues. I have read a few storys of how women had health problems after they gor implants. Some of the women said it was because the implant shell was made of silicone. Does anyone know if thats true?? Have you heard any bad stories???

Hi kelly, they quit doing silicone implants for a while and switched to saline only during a big scare several years ago. They have since went back to giving women the option to having saline or silicone as they believe them both to be safe now. You can find horror stories, especially on the internet , about just about anything. A toothepaste that made a woman grow a second kneecap, etc.

If you are considering breast implants make sure to do your research, there are different materials that they use and have available to use for fillings and shells. Be sure to stick to medical journal articles that are not sensationalised. Make some consultation appointments with a few different surgeons. They are typically free, you can go in and ask all the questions you want to see if it is something that would be right for you.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

Working...
    X