Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stretch marks

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I don't think that there is any way to definitely get rid of stretch marks for good or stop them from appearing in the first place, but some of the remedies suggested already in this thread can go some way towards reducing the appearance of stretch marks.

I personally use Vitamin E cream on some quite severe stretch marks on my hip area. While I'd love to say that this has got rid of them, it has helped to make them less noticeable. They have gone from purple to a light silvery-grey color after using the cream daily for around four to five months.

Comment

• I plan to undergo a TT soon to reduce my post baby belly. I have tried a few stretch mark removal topical creams, but none of them have been able to deliver the results I want. It’s been almost a year and a half now, since I had my baby girl. Does anyone know if a TT or lipo will help erase all the marks, or will I have to get skin resurfacing or dermabrasion as well to make them disappear completely?

Comment

• I applied cream multiple times a day while pregnant but at 38 weeks, they came any how. Your skin just has a point it won't stretch past without getting them. I've been using this ****edit**** Bio-Oil and mine are just a pale, white-ish color now, not even noticeable with a tan. I wish you the best of luck!
        Last edited by sourpuss; 04-12-2010, 01:12 PM. Reason: no outbound links allowed

Comment

• You can try this simple regimen:
          Add two drops each of rosemary and fennel essential oils to three teaspoons of almond oil and massage into the affected areas.
          Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
          Mix caffeinated coffee dust with any hand cream and apply on the areas for a minute, everyday.

Comment

• Found these...

Use vitamin E capsules
            Punch a small hole on the Vitamin E capsule and rub on affected area
            Give it a little time to absorb and start working on the stretch marks
            Then wash or wipe off.

Grind the coffee beans until they are the consistency of powder then add
            olive oil.
            Apply to affected area and rub in a circular motion for 30 to 60 seconds.
            Wrap the area with cling wrap so that the solution can warm up and and absorb into the skin.
            Leave on for 5 minutes and wash off.

Comment

• There are several creams out there but you can always opt for home remedies like olive oil and brown sugar or do the coffee scrub.

Comment

• If you want to remove your stretch marks permanently then i you can go with plastic surgery. It's very increasing now a days and it's very effective.

Comment

• I don't think creams will work, if you have enough money try surgical procedures for the best results.

Comment

• You might be familiar with a few effective and natural ways to get rid of stretch marks. I am listing out a few that may be helpful to you:

Aloe Vera: You can directly rub aloe vera gel on the affected skin, leave it for a few minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.

Lemon Juice: Rub fresh lemon juice gently on the stretch marks with circular motion. Keep it on for at least 10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.

Olive oil: Massage slightly warm pure olive oil in the affected skin area. This will improve blood circulation and reduce stretch marks to a great extent.

Comment

• You must have heard of stretch mark treatments but I suggest Marksil, a very effective cream for stretch marks removal. Marksil contains powerful ingredients that help stretch marks fade away. Use this cream twice a day for optimal results. Apart from this, there is laser stretch mark removal treatment, mostly preferred for its quick results. I have also researched on this treatment and found that most patients are highly satisfied with this procedure.

Comment

• Laser treatment is the best option for removing stretch marks. I advise you to go for it.

Comment

• Aloe Vera is beneficial for many skin problems and it is also used to get rid of stretch marks. Read further to know how you can apply it on your skin:
                          You can directly rub aloe vera gel on the affected skin area, leave it on for 15 minutes and then, rinse the skin with lukewarm water.

Another option is to make a mixture with one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel, oil from 10 vitamin E capsules and oil from five vitamin A capsules. Rub this mixture onto the skin until fully absorbed. Repeat this process daily.
                          If this method doesn't work, then you have to go in for laser treatment.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                          X