Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

breast reduction

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• breast reduction

I am 40, 5'1", 106#, 34D and have wanted a breast reduction for a long time due to discomfort and self esteem. In reading some other forums I've found that women who want reductions are quite a bit larger than I. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation as me and has gotten one or knows if I would be a candidate?
    thx

• I knew someone who was a size G that had a breast reduction. She says she is glad she had it done because she is more comfortable.
    I say if you're is discomfort, you should get it. Your body should not give you pain everyday.

Comment

• To answer your question, yes, I had a breast reduction done two years ago for medical reasons. I have been cursed with degenerative disc disease. In short, I have had three surgeries on my neck and am fused, plated, and screw together from c2 through c7 (cervical neck vertabrae). I was between a DDD-E, so of course i wore very supportive bras which I nicknamed - over the shoulder bolder holders, because that is what it felt like. Thankfully, my insurance company cover the surgery as a means to avert the rate of disc degeneration progression.

My husband was distraught, but finally came to the conclusion that if I was going to have any quality of life, this was necessary. With that being said, the surgery was the best thing that I could have done for my health and self-esteem. Besides the weight of my breast, I felt like I had been hit in the back by two stud missiles.

I am currently a very comfortable B and love it. Keep in mind you will have scars, but with time they fade away nicely. The healing process was scarry because things looked horrible for the first few weeks. I'm not sure if you have insurance, but I don't think they will cover the expense because of self-esteem issues. Most will cover the cost if it is deemed medically necessary because of back, neck and shoulder pain. Let me know if you need more information and good luck with your decision.

Comment

• chelle1972 - I had a breast reduction 3 years ago. I am (was still) 5'4 140 lbs. My breast size was well, I don't know... I couldn't fit into any bra's that was in the store and was too proud to buy the larger bras online because they were "too ugly". If I had to guess, I'd say I was double/triple G ish.. Not too sure though.

I choose to have a breast reduction due to my back/shoulders/headaches, etc... hurting so baddly from the weight of my breasts. Very frustrating to wear mass bras/t'shirts too small just to support them. I wore size 6 pants and had to buy xx shirts.

It was the BEST thing I have ever done for myself!!! EVER EVER EVER. The releaf is so wonderful.

I was lucky though because my health insurance paid 100% of the surgery. Not everyone is as lucky as I was. My insurance Co. is very picky about what they pay for but they agreed it was a phyiscal issue.

I will be more then happy to tell you all about my experience of the surgery/recovery if you would like. Just let me know.

BTW - I wasn't as large as some .. I had 1.5 lbs approx. of each (one was a little bit more).

Again, let me know if you would like me to elaborate on it.

I wish you well as I know it's very hard not only physically but mentally for this.

Comment

• Sorry, I also want to add... I don't think it matters your size for breast reduction - if you are in pain because of weight of them I would look into it. You are very small so size D would be heavy on you.

Euphoic is correct in what she is saying that recovery is scary looking. However, if you do the right thing, the scars are not so bad after hmmm I'd say for me, it took about 6 months to not think the scars were not ugly. I have minimal scars now. But... I feel 1,000% better so I'd take the little scaring (that you can't see in a bathing suit) any day of the week. Heck, I'd take BIG scars over the lack of daily pain from them!

It was day surgery for me and by the time I woke (after coming home and napping) I already KNEW I was better!!!

Comment

• Hi .... Not everyone is a good candidate for breast surgery. if you have a irregular mammograms, undiagnosed lumps or other types of masses then you should go for a breast surgery.
            http://www.dubaicosmeticsurgery.com/services/hair-transplant/fue-hair-transplant
            http://www.cosmeticsurgerypakistan.com/our-services/hair-transplant

Comment

• reductions due to discomfort are one of the few plastic surgeries i actually support. it all cmes down to how uncomfortable you are, its a huge step to take so think it through!

Comment

• Wow, i didnt know other people really thought about doing this. I have been thinking about it but i dont have money or anything now. For right now Im trying to loose weight to hope that helps some even just a little. It is just nice to know other people did it and it helped them. so maybe someday for me.

Comment

• My friend is a 38F and she can't stand the pain.

Comment

• Large size breasts affects the body in many ways. It may cause back pain, neck pain and disc discomfort. It is better to go for breast reduction before its too late. Having breast reduction surgery will help a lot and the results can be seen almost immediately. The scars too will go away over time. If you do not want to opt for surgery, consider changing your diet intake and include plenty of spinach and cauliflower. Regular exercises, workouts and especially aerobic exercises will help considerably.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                    • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    Working...
                    X