• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restylane or juvederm?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restylane or juvederm?

Has anyone had either of them done? What was your experience likes or dislikes. I am trying to decide between the two Ty
    Dead animals don't equal fashion it equals cruelty

As far as i know the both of treatment for skin . with this treatment your look like young.

Comment

Both these injectable fillers contain hyaluronic acid that is synthesized by bacteria. I have mentioned a few points here from which you can decide which one that will be most suitable for you:
      • Juvederm is a smooth consistency gel while Restylane is a particulate or granular gel.
      • Juvederm contains 35 percent more cross-linked hyaluronic acid than Restylane.
      • Restylane fillers are able to plump up lines and wrinkles for an average of six months before being completely absorbed by the body.
      • Juvdern and a second type called Juvederm Ultra Plus last slightly longer about 9 to 12 months.
      • Juvederm is softer and more malleable and hence easier to inject. Any swelling and bruising will subside within 24 hours.
      • Restylane may cause swelling around the treated area for up to three days. Patients may also experience mild tenderness and redness. However, as with any injection, there is minimal risk of infection.

Comment

Juvederm causes less puffiness for the first few days after a treatment. It is also slightly smoother than restylane, but the cost of juvedern is more than the restylane.

Comment

Hi Mathewsteve. I want to say as an expert on this topic. Both Juvederm and Restylane are FDA-approved hyaluronic acid fillers. There are minor technical differences in the two products. Both are proven to provide long-term results. Having said this, I think that an experienced doctor can do anything with almost any product.

What is important for the consumer is what happens to the product when it is used by a less experienced physician. This is important, because not everyone will belong to the "greatest world".
          I prefer Restylane and Perlane. The "smoothness" of Juvederm is not a clinically relevant expression. This is the marketing term for art. Marketing people make lemonade from lemons.

Having said this, with the introduction of small volumes, Juvederm is less likely to form a stroke, because it diffuses easily in the tissues. This is an advantage for doctors who are not ready for mold and work with filler when they are in the fabric.

Restylane is more cohesive and tends to stay where it is. It needs to be carefully molded after the injection.

The advantage of this cohesion is that Restylane can be used to create a face in the distance, which is not possible with Juvederm. This is especially noticeable in the lower eyelid / torn indentation under the eyes. Juvederm, introduced in this area in sufficient volume to make a difference, can easily drift into the upper part of the cheek, creating unwanted completeness. This does not happen with Restylane.

On the other hand, you need to expect clumps with Restylane and work actively to smooth them if they occur. It's easy to do, and, in my opinion, the results deserve attention.

Recognize that some offices promote products, because doctors receive financial incentives from companies to do this, and these incentives increase depending on what part of the company's products are used in offices.

Medicis, the company that produces Restylane, has a similar program, but it only applies to its hyaluronic acid filler products. Therefore, keep this in mind, because it creates a potential bias in what the doctor can recommend.

In the long run, this comes down to trust. Do you trust the doctor to make a recommendation that is right for you, not the doctor's wallet? Good luck with the right choice.

Comment

Working...
          X