Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nose Job

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Nose Job

Hello ladies. I have decided to do a nose job finally. I have a deviated septum so I need to fix that and get my nostrils smaller. The question is what anesthesia do you recommend me doing? I know general anesthesia is the best in my case my doctor also said that but I'm paranoid from general anesthesia. I hear that some complications may arise and people may not wake up from it. Anyway has anyone done a nose job by local anesthesia? I would like to know how does it feel being awake and having a surgery. Is it scary ? I need all the details if possible. Thanks

• I think your team of doctors are best to advise you on this issue.

Gaining popularity now that the treatment is more successful, are surgical procedures using deep meditation, or hypnosis combined with local anesthesia and pain meds.
    It's been around for years, but more surgeons are accepting this method now, so I've read.

I suggest if you're interested in these alternative methods, speak to your doctors for referrals and additional information about whether you're even a candidate for this.

Comment

• I second atskitty2's post. You need to discuss your options with your doctors. Anyhow, I am sure you're going to be happy with the results. Having a nice nose is very important and definitely worth paying for: at least, in my opinion. I am sure you'll be very happy once it's done.

Comment

• I haven't had it done but I worked for a plastic surgeon and have seen many done! I recommend taking arnica (available at a health food store) 1 week before and after your proceedure...check with your doctor first of course...this will minimize bruising. Stock up on protein shakes & straws because you won't feel like chewing much food and the protein will speed recovery. Buy a small bag of petite peas to use as an ice pack. The pain from a nose job is minimal...the worst thing is the packing and they'll take it out the next day.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

The riots in America are telling.

I don't know much about it all, but know the American people are showing their power in numbers. I hope...

Today, 03:52 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to My Heart's Desire

Any thoughts on my work? Good/bad/indifferent?

You can read my work on Poemhunter.com and Allpoetry.com. I am MissCandyGirl on the latter-said...

Today, 03:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to Weight Gain

Unfortunately I have put on weight. I haven't been eating more than usual, though. Still, I am disappointed with myself. I just have to go without treats...

Today, 03:35 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Old Friend Back In My Life

...And I am very happy! He contacted me via voicemail a month ago and gave me his number. I left two messages on his answering machine a week later. And...

Today, 03:29 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to Squirting or Peeing? Confused with Colour

There's no way to know if she peed or squirted. If she doesn't know, I think none of us will be able to determine that with any degree of certainty. Unfortunately...

05-31-2020, 07:19 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Old Friend Back In My Life

...And I am very happy! He contacted me via voicemail a month ago and gave me his number. I left two messages on his answering machine a week later. And...

Today, 03:29 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Squirting or Peeing? Confused with Colour

A friend of mine recently lost her virginity and while she had her first sex she doesn't know anything about it. She enjoyed it but she didn't know whether...

05-28-2020, 10:59 PM By Dawood Naseer
        • Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
        • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
        • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X