Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitiligo Disease

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Vitiligo Disease

Vitiligo is a pigmentation disorder in the human skin. The human skin contains special skin cells (melanocytes) that produce the pigment melanin which colors the skin.

In Vitiligo, the special skin cells (melanocytes) as well as the tissues (mucous membranes) that line the inside of the mouth, nose, genital and rectal areas, and the retina of the eyes are destroyed. As a result, white patches of skin appear on different parts of the body. The hair may also turn white that grows in areas affected by vitiligo. Vitiligo can be categorized into following

1. Localized Vitiligo: Focal pattern vitiligo, Segmental pattern vitiligo
    2.Generalized Vitiligo: Acrofacial vitiligo, Vulgaris Vitiligo, Universal vitiligo

(This is breif intro of vitiligo disease by antivitiligo)

I am looking for the actual cure of vitiligo. any onw now about any remedy or medicine, from whic one is confirmed that it is effective.

• This is a tough one to answer. My son had a couple small patches of vitilago, some years ago. It is now gone and I'm not quite sure why. He did see both a regular general practitioner as well as a naturpathic doctor. I do remember that one thing we did was regular use of sun screen. Maybe see a naturpath?

Comment

See to it that you are getting the vitamins daily, either by food or supplements. Sunscreen during the day would help too plus skin care solutions with active nutrients would be a plus; consulting a dermatologist
      will help too.

Comment

• Hi,

Im new here, but I have just started to have problems with vitiligo as well, it didn't happen until I was almost 40. The dermatologist I saw in San Francisco said that there is no cure for it. But that slight sun exposure is supposed to help as is gingko. It's supposed to be related to autoimmune diseases so if you have lupus, fibromyalgia or arthritis you can have a tendency towards it as well.

Mine is on my forearms and calves and using a self tanner seems to make it look less pronounced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X