Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skin care due to move from FL to TX

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Skin care due to move from FL to TX

I just moved from Florida to Texas. The climate here is different then what I'm used to. I moved to Texas the first week of December. In 3 weeks time i noticed that I'm breaking out all over from the scalp to my chest. Do any of you know of anything that might help? Please let me know.

Kristi

• Hi klee2005!
    Sorry to hear your breaking out all over. Have you started using any new products, changed soaps or laundry detergents since the move? Products that contain chemical dyes or fragrances are known skin irritants and can be harsh on the skin. Sometimes stress can cause people to break out. Making a major lifestyle change, like moving can be stressful. Take a look at any changes you have made since the move to see if you have added anything new. Also look at your diet to see if you have eaten something different that you hadn't before. Try using some hypoallergenic products that are gentle on the skin and if you don't get any results you might want to consult a doctor. Let us know how things turn out.

Comment

• rreynolds,
      Thanks for the info. I don't think that I've made any chages here the only big change is that my stress has come down a lot. I will give that a try with the hypoallergenic products. Thanks again.
      Kristi

Comment

• I did the exact same thing when I moved form Fl back to Tx my skin was REALLY dry and breaking out so I started using the soap tone with cocoa butter and baby lotion and avon facial lotion in the mornings! I hope that helps as for my hair I have to use head and shoulders but thats not really that big of a stretch since Fl! You picked kinda a bad time weather wise to move I know you had to be freezing your hiney off here in Tx compared to Fl winters I sure do miss that Good Luck let me know if that helps at all
        [♥]Jessica Dawn[♥]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X