Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red face after spicy food

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Red face after spicy food

I have a problem that's been bothering me for a while: everytime I eat something spicy, be it tortilla chips or Buffalo wings, the skin on my face turns bright red.
    It's especially bad on my nose and the area around my mouth.
    Does anyone know if this could be an allergy, or am I just very sensitive to hot food?

• This is normal, especially people u have very light skin the redness shows more. i eat alot of spicy foods and that happens to me until the peppery taste cool down. i dont think u have anything to worry about

Comment

• thanks for the answer... I still wish it would have been something you can treat lol
      I just doesn't look very pretty. Oh well, I guess from now on I can only eat hot stuff when I'm home alone.

Comment

• Spicey foods are known to elevate blood pressure and stimlate the senses. It is normal for many people to experience flushing and/or elevated body temperature. After all, the spicey flavor is meant as a natural deterent to prevent animals from eating certain plants. That is why they burn a little when you put them in your mouth.

I personally am very sensitive to spicey food and can't handle much of it. I also turn red, but my mouth is extremely sensitive and burns terribly. I try to stay away from it.

Comment

• Red Face

I too get an instant red face (like a hot blush that takes quite a while to die away - sometimes a couple of hours), mainly across my cheeks though.

For me this happens when eating hard cheeses (they must have a different substance in them from soft?!), but some other food or additive is doing it now as well, and I'm struggling to work out what it is, so it's quite difficult to manage.

Any ideas how to go about working out what it is?

Comment

• It seams that you have one kinds of allergy. It's related with some foods. I have allergy problem with meat. Though who hast lite and fair skin, they suffer with this problem. If only red color then no problem. If there some spot shows it would be the allergy.

Comment

• Old thread. O/P has not returned.
              There is a method to my madness ........ I just haven't found it yet.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X