Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark circles under eyes

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Dark circles under eyes

I have tried everything - plenty of water, more sleep (lol), cucumber slices, tea bags, under eye creams, sunscreen - nothing has worked!

Any tips?

• What about vitamin E cream under the eyes? i use it for everything so its worth a shot

Comment

• Try some almond oil. Massage at bed time daily. Give it a little time because it will not work over night but you should see a difference from using the oil.

You may also want to try Vitamin E or even Vitamin K cream.

Hope this helps.
      sigpic

Comment

• Are the dark circles of sudden onset or do you have a history of having them? Some people just have a natural discoloration under there, some people get dark circles with asthma sometimes... some its just lack of sleep or strain. Depending on if its genetic, medical or environmental (sleep related) will have an effect on which treatements work.
        Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• Hi,

Under eye wrinkles are one of the common characteristics of humans. If you notice carefully, even small children have wrinkles under eyes. Aging is not the only reason to be blamed for circles and wrinkles under eyes, as there are several other factors that are responsible too. Wrinkles under eyes are an indication of the skin loosing its elasticity and inability of retaining its original shape. This becomes worse when we age and over time, the collagen level of the skin decreases and so does the elastic quality of the skin. Collagen keeps the skin from developing wrinkles when a person is young.

Comment

• if u rub, pull, or push on the undersides of ur eyes just enough, it can cause "bruising". it causes ur eyes to have dark circles.
            sigpic
            Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away! You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.

Comment

• Try some mineral powder make-up to cover them up. Some darkness is natural, most of us have at least a little.

Comment

• hi
                Some body suggested me and i tried that if you mix lemon in milk cream and apply that would remove dark circles around eyes.

Kate Simon
                Last edited by x.st.angel.x; 01-15-2010, 07:45 AM. Reason: Outbound links arent allowed

Comment

• try having your sinuses checked out. and ask a doctor about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SecretlySad View Post
                    I have tried everything - plenty of water, more sleep (lol), cucumber slices, tea bags, under eye creams, sunscreen - nothing has worked!

Any tips?
                    hi
                    how about do more exercise, drink much water, have an enough sleeping and try do not worry or stress to much...

Comment

• well, i started to use a cream from Nivea,called Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation and its working very well for me... i also have this terrible problem with dark circles!

Comment

• I've heard that wearing a little bit of dark eyeliner helps. I guess it distracts from the actual darkness. Under my eyes are pretty dark too, but I guess I'm weird for actually enjoying it. It makes me look scary to some people, but mysterious to others. I figure it's not going to go away, so I'm used to it. I don't think people actually notice it much anyway, because no one ever seems to mention it, unless they ask me if I get enough sleep or something. Haha. But yeah, when I wear make-up and I put on my eyeliner, I think it helps detract from it a little. Just a little though. I mean I will notice if I stare really hard haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConfusedGirl View Post
                          well, i started to use a cream from Nivea,called Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation and its working very well for me... i also have this terrible problem with dark circles!
                          I wonder how well this would work for me too. Hm...I just figured I was born with dark circles under my eyes. Even when I was a child my mom would comment on it a lot. xD

Comment

• The women at my day spa said never use tea bag******ea can stain your skin** but use FRESH brewed coffee on cotton rounds. Where it will not help with dark circles it will tighten up the skin around the eyes. It's the caffeine. As far as the dark circles go I recommend 2 things. First it by physicians formula called gentle cover. Concealer cream in spf 10. and just search google for natural treatments for dark circles it may help good luck. product:

Dead animals don't equal fashion it equals cruelty

Comment

• Originally posted by Caitlin View Post
                              Hi,

Under eye wrinkles are one of the common characteristics of humans. If you notice carefully, even small children have wrinkles under eyes. Aging is not the only reason to be blamed for circles and wrinkles under eyes, as there are several other factors that are responsible too. Wrinkles under eyes are an indication of the skin loosing its elasticity and inability of retaining its original shape. This becomes worse when we age and over time, the collagen level of the skin decreases and so does the elastic quality of the skin. Collagen keeps the skin from developing wrinkles when a person is young.
                              he caitlin,

You had mention many cause’s of dark circle, i felt very happy to know this information because, i am 22 years old and i used to play sports when i was 16 years so maximum hours my skin was burned under the sky, as a result of sun burning i have been suffering from dark cirlce and wrinkle on my face. i used so many cosmetic products but now use. In your post you had given vital information so i am feeling confident about you. can you please suggest any products to treat dark circles

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X