Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Opinion on Skin Spots

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• 2nd Opinion on Skin Spots

A few years ago I got a tiny black dot on my bottom lip. Within 2 years it grew slightly bigger & was often confused for a pen mark. I went to see a dermatologist & he said it was just some type of freckle/mole, but said it was nothing to worry about.
    Now fast forward to last night when I found the same type of tiny black dot on the bottom of my foot. It was not there before & just appeared. What do you think it could be?? Should I find another doctor & get a second opinion on the first dot & now this one???? PLEASE HELP.

• My dermatologist told me that if you have several of something it probably isn't anything bad. As long as the spot doesn't change in anyway and is small, regular border etc. I wouldn't worry about it.

However, you really should be going to the dermatologist once a year for a complete body check. If you are uncomfortable about the spots, you can always have them removed for your own peace of mind.

Comment

• I never thought of the dermatologist as someone to see on an annual basis, but it does make sense now that I think about it. Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to take you up on it.

Comment

• You are welcome. I think it's especially important for those of us living in areas like Florida (I'm in Jacksonville) where we are prone to a lot of sun exposure. Keep using the sunscreen!

Comment

• black spot

I have the same problem. Mine stayed the same size, even the one on the bottom of my foot. Turns out it my brother has the same thing and I noticed my dad has a few of them too. I don't have health insurance and would love to see a dermatologist but I do check my thoroughly and none have changed shape.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X