Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

skin toner and moisturize???

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• skin toner and moisturize???

Hello,
    I am so excited to say my boyfriend and I are eloping in September and I want to look as pretty as I can when I say "I Do!!!" I don't know what kind of skin I have so I'm not sure what the best skin toner is or the best moisturizer is either. It would be nice to have a beautiful, smooth, clear complexion. Any advice as to homemade remedies or store bought remedies try?? Thanks

• i use mary kay they have really good wash toner and moisturizer. i have been using it for 5 months and my face looks AMAZING compared to how it did. if there isn't a consaultant in your area you can get it off line as well hope this helps

Comment

• you can just use witch hazel as a toner, and as far as moisturizer and face washes go I go with CeraVe it's a soapless face wash and the moisturizer restore moister barrier to the skin.
      Dead animals don't equal fashion it equals cruelty

Comment

• I have been using mineral skin care product from Omorovicza. They have good moisturizers. Their products doesn't contain harmful chemicals and gentle on the skin.

Comment

• UPDATE!!! With great results!!!

So a little after posting this, I went to the store (fred meyer, i think) and bought a few things for my skin. For a cleanser, I bought Cetaphil. It is incredibly gentle and doesn't irritate my skin which i think is where some of my blemish problem sprouted from. I also bought a toner, neutrogena alcohol free toner and this too is incredibly gentle. Lastly I bought neutogena oil free moisturizer with spf 15. Doesnt feel creasy or gross after putting it on.

So what I had started doing is avoiding makeup if at all possible and if I felt the need to wear it wash is off immediately when I got home. So I use the cetaphil in the morning with the mosturizer, then if I have time when I get home from school before going to work I wash again with the cetaphil but because the cleasner is so gentle it helps retain a good deal of moisture, so no need for additional moisturizers, then before I go to bed, literally before, I wash again with the cetaphil, then use the toner. I gently rub the toner on my face and neck with 3-4 cotton balls til you see the ball is clean, then moisturize.

Now, I also found this tip and this is a life saver for me because i pick at my face and create scabs when I am stressed (sometimes i look like a tweaker...not good ) take a wash cloth with pretty warm almost hot water and hold it on any scab you may have created. This helps the healing process and also make the scab look less intense. Do this several times a day (another reason why I haven't worn makeup in a while.)

So I hope this little update helps some people out there, let me know how it works for you if you try these products and methods. My skin is looking so much better and I have found a simple yet effective way to control my skin and I hope those who try it find it works for them.

Comment

• TONER
            - zest of 1 lemon
            - a pinch of rosemary
            - a pinch of thyme
            - 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
            - 4 tablespoons of rose petals
            - a touch of cinnamon
            - 2 grams of benzoin tincture
            - 1 litre of spring water
            Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and leave to soak for a week.Filter, then store the toner in a glass bottle, it will keep better this way.

AS FOR MOISTURIZER: Simply snap off the tip of an aloe leaf, and mix the gel from the leaf with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
            After applying the aloe and oil mix, massage your face lightly to distribute the moisturizer and stimulate circulation in your skin. Do not rinse off the moisturizer.

Comment

• Homemade Toner for Summer Beauty

Easy Recipe For Clear Skin During Summer Months

Here’s a great recipe for a toner/astringent that I love to use every summer- it’s especially great for combination skin. It helps clear pores from sweat, dirt, and other ickies, yet still offers some nice moisturizing benefits for a nice glow. It also feels really nice and refreshing!

1/2 cup witch hazel
              1/4 cup water (Tea, especially green or chamomile, is even better!)
              1/4 cup lemon juice
              5 drops natural vegetable glycerine
              5 drops lavender essential oil
              2-3 drops peppermint essential oil
              Just shake it all up really well in a small bottle. When you’re ready to use it, just dab some on a cotton ball and gently wipe your face clean. Couldn’t be easier!

You can adjust the essential oils to more or less, depending on your skin type. I find it’s best to use in between face washings as a “freshening up”. I noticed sometimes using a toner or astringent right after washing your face can create an imbalance in skin that can dry it out too much – sometimes within an hour it can retaliate and be more oily than it was before! (Especially during the summer heat!)

Don’t forget- sometimes half the fun in homemade beauty recipes is is being creative. If you’d like, don’t be afraid to try your own unique variations!

Blueberry Smoothie Face Mask
              Blueberries have been making headlines recently for being one of the richest sources of antioxidants in the fruit and vegetable kingdom. Antioxidants are compounds that help keep your cells healthy. Of 40 fruits and vegetables analyzed for their antioxidant activity by the USDA, the blueberry ranked No. 1 in the fruit category, earning blueberries the title “super food.” And the antioxidants that benefit your body when you eat them can also benefit your skin when applied topically, revitalizing the skin and hastening healing.

Small handful blueberries, fresh (or unsweetened frozen berries, thawed)
              1 Tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
              2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain yogurt
              3 Tablespoons raw almonds
              Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Apply to clean face, and leave on skin for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X