Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acne treatment

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Acne treatment

Im looking for some ideas. Im 22 and have had acne (cysts, black and white-heads) since since I was 11. Ive tried just about everything on the retail market from topical washes to creams as well as prescription meds (even accutane when I was younger only helped for a few months). I have also tried vitamins, antibiotics, juices etc.... I have no allergies and no one in my family does either. Ive adjusted my diet to fresh unprocessed foods, and even tried gluten free. My problem seems to be that I have very dry and sensitive skin, which the many dermatologists I have been to dont seem to understand as they always prescribe something with harsh drying chemicals. I don't know where to turn, help!

• I used proactiv and it worked wonders for me. I know it doesn't work for everyone but if you haven't tried it it's worth a shot. You really need to give it a 3 week to a month to see a difference so if you do try it give it some time
    Dead animals don't equal fashion it equals cruelty

Comment

• I know how you feel. I'm 28, I've had skin trouble since I was 11 too. I have been on all the doctor prescribed medications, even accutane, like you. I tried Proactive. It works for a month, then stops. I tried it a few times. I tried all the OTC kits. I even bought the Zeno Hot Spot from cvs, all it did was burn my skin, but nothing for the acne. I'm ready to try the Max Clarity foam. I'm just worried about doing the whole mail thing again, because if it doesn't work, I'll prbably forget to cancel the order. If that doesn't work, I think I'm going to have to get some laser therapy. They actually sell, at laser imaging centers, at least by me, acne products. Maybe you could try some of what they have, I don't know what your budget is, it was over $100 for a months supply at the place i went. I didn't buy it. If you find anything, could you post on here. I'm getting desperate.

Comment

• when i was young i developed TERRIBLE skin. i went on powerful medication which helped a bit but i still had a lot of acne and a lot of black heads. ive just been in the weight loss forum and ive been telling everyone what ive learned to be the best for weight loss is raw fruits and raw/steamed vegetables. and guess what, when i started eating a diet which consisted almost completely of raw fruits and raw/steamed vegetables not only did i safely loose weight but my skin cleared up completely!! I had so many black heads and now they are ALL gone. Not one! i dont want to say it will work for everyone becuase it might not but i honestly havent met anyone that still had acne problems once switching to this diet. its more expensive than eating rice and noodles and stuff but you save your skin and you save a lot on skin products!
        !

Comment

• A diet of Green Smoothies could help you clear up your skin, as you consume fresh, uncooked veggies and fruit. Drink sufficient amount of water, get enough rest/sleep, exercise.

It comes from deep within. It would take a little more time, but it will pay off for sure. Avoid using abrasive chemicals and instead go for milder stuff. I really don't use too much artificial things on my face but organic extra virgin coconut oil or organic extra virgin olive oil, day and night. I do exfoliate at least once every two weeks. And I also make sure that my hair is not touching my face the whole time. If your skin is sensitive, that could also aggravate the issue.

Comment

• I found "Niapads" to be most helpful and simple in terms of getting rid of acne. Sure acne keeps coming because my hormones etc create that situation; but Niapads controls it before it gets a chance to develop into eruptions.

Comment

• Proactiv worked for awhile for me. I still break out in times of stress, but it's nothing like it could be before. Give any regime a couple weeks to see if it works. I went on the pill in July of 2009 and for about four months, my face was entirely clear. Then the break outs started up again. I think anything you try is only gonna work for so long until your skin adjusts to it. If dryness is a problem for you as it is for me (a dab of tazorac on my cheek would cause even my eyelids to peel), try utilizing Neosporin or good ol Vaseline after applying meds. Most importantly, use rubbing alcohol after popping (not as painful as it sounds, it kills germs very well which is essential) and leave it alone so it heals faster.
              In the end, the king and the pawn both go into the same box.

Comment

• Coriander and Mint Juice: Home Remedies forAcne

A teaspoon of coriander juice, mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder, is an additional effective home medicine for pimples and blackheads. The combination should be applied to the face after carefully washing it each night before retiring. Mint juice can be used in a similar mode as coriander juice. This is one of the best home remedies for acne.
                Last edited by WildChild; 12-21-2010, 09:57 AM. Reason: Removed promotional information

Comment

• I have a question. I have a skin with acne and I've been told I should use a moisturizure cream and some make-up fondatine before going out so that my pores will get blocked and no amount of dust would get in. Is that true. I have an oily skin.

Comment

• Sometimes if your skin is overdry, it will cause the breakouts because there is no slothing of the dead skin cells and they build up trapping in dirt and debris. I always had great skin till I hit my 40's then all of a sudden I'm going through puberty and breaking out. I tried Proactive and it seemed to work but I hate doing mail order stuff. I was in my local Walmart and they had the Equate version of Proactive for 11 bucks. I tried it and it works for me just as good as Proactive. It's cheaper and no shipping charges. I just go in when I need it to buy. BUT!..... I do have to use a good moisturizer in addition to that or it will dry my skin out. I use Aveno ageless vitality. It's a bit pricey but I don't use much and it lasts a long time. I stay out of the sun and drink lots of water to keep my skin hydrated.

I may get a few breakouts near my cycle wich is hormonal but with the above steps, they are far and few in between.

Comment

• What exactly are you doing now? Tell me your current routine.

I HIGHLY recommend COR soap (or it's cheaper knock-off "Nano Cyclic" but I'm not sure on their product purity). It's chalk-full of great stuff for all skin types. I used to work in skincare and we carried a lot of healthy lines free of parabens, fillers, carcinogenics, and petroleum byproducts. The thing we saw work the best was the COR soap.
                      It's got:
                      nano silver which goes into the layers of the skin and kills pimple causing bacteria.
                      chitosan which is a marine fiber that absorbes several times it's own weight of oil and helps form a moisture barrier
                      sericin which is a silk protien that helps form a moisture barrier and soften skin

I'd buy the $38 soap ball and be VERY careful with it. You need to keep it in it's little case to protect it from melting in the shower.
                      Best way to use:
                      1) wet hands and face
                      2) take it in one hang, roll it around 2-3 times and put away.
                      3) rub wet hands together vigorously until white foam appears
                      4) rub in the white foam all over face (I recommend avoiding the eye area)
                      5) wait 2-3 minutes and rinse.

You should start to see a difference in a week if not less. If you just hold it under the running shower water and lather against the soap ball itself then it wastes a LOT of product. All you really need to do it roll it 2-3 times in wet hands and rub hands like crazy to make the foam. Making the foam is really important. It helps the aerate the product so it works better.

For moisturizer I HIGHLY recommend getting some of this stuff
                      ****spam remove**********
                      You have to use something over the hyaluronic serum otherwise it's pointless to use.

And that is my honest opinion and 2 cents
                      Last edited by x.st.angel.x; 01-12-2011, 02:46 AM. Reason: Removing spam
                      sigpic
                      What good is a wiener dog if he's not spoiled rotten?

Comment

• Oh yea, PS
                        They Hyaluronic serum and Skin Lipids seem expensive but all you need it a dime size of the first one, and a small pea size amount of the lipids. It will last you a while year.

SO: divide what you pay by 12 months and it's not so bad
                        sigpic
                        What good is a wiener dog if he's not spoiled rotten?

Comment

• You want a good regimen consisting of cleansing, toning and moisturizing all with products appropriate for your skin type. You want to be consistent with your regimen and patient because you won't see results overnight. You should also be exfoliating at least twice weekly to remove dead skin cells otherwise any topicals you apply to your face will just sit on the surface and not reach down deep in the pores where they need to go. Also, not sure if you consume alot of dairy but it has been linked to acne.
                          Learn To Love The Skin You're In!

Tasha Nelson
                          Skin Care Enthusiast

Comment

• Hey everyone!
                            I found nice remedy for acne and acne scars specifically
                            this is natural powder called Badiaga ( or Spongilla on latin)
                            it is also good for freckles and bruise treatment
                            you should mix it with water and put this mask on your face for 20-25 min.
                            results will be after few procedures!

Comment

• Drink lots of water to cleanse your system out. Also you may want to try a colon cleanse. A colon cleanse helps clean your digestive system. It helps flush out the toxins and other things that have got backed up in your colon over the years.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X