Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

age spots, help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• age spots, help!

Does anyone have any suggestions for an over the counter age spot fader? I have a few around my eyes, and don't have health insurance to go see a dermatologist. I have somewhat sensitive skin, and don't want to cause any more damage. I am in my mid-40's and have that olive-Italian skin. HATE my spots! I actually had a friend try to rub one off by licking her finger.... "You got something by your eye!" rub, rub, rub, "Wow, it won't come off!" -- "Hey, thanks!"
    just breathe . . .

• Hi guys,,,
    I want to advice you the following natural remedy to get rid of age spots.Take a fresh cucumber and cut into pieces.Close your eyes and place the two pieces above the eyes.You can try it before sleep.
    Try this,surely working.

Comment

• I empathize with you. I used to suffer from age spots and I am in my forties too, but I found that when I switched to skin care products with natural ingredients, I managed to get rid of them, along with other blemishes that I did not like.

Comment

• Remove Age Spots

Sun damage is the real cause of visible signs of aging because it speeds up the effects of aging on the skin..some Tips
        Avoid exposure to the sun during peak hours (between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.).
        1>>Wear protective clothing when you are outside: a hat, long-sleeved shirt, and sunglasses.
        2>>Walk under an umbrella if you can or find shelter under shade.
        3>>Wear sunscreen that has an SPF of at least 30 or higher and reapply as directed.

4>>Ex-foliate skin on a regular daily basis.
        5>>Look for products with retinoids, peptides, sirtuin, hyaluronic acid, hexamdine, and antioxidants such as coenzyme 10, coffee berry extract, and soy extract to create an effective sun care and anti-aging regimen.
        :
        Last edited by WildChild; 03-20-2011, 09:44 AM. Reason: out bound links not permitted
        Colinsmith

Comment

• These age spots are result of over exposure of your skin in your young age. Since you have crossed you 40's, you should use such anti aging cream which can help you dealing with age spots, wrinkles , fine lines and saggy skin.

Comment

• I think cucumber is the best way for that(natural therapy). Cut cucumber like a potato chips and cover your eyes with it. Wait up to 30-45 minutes. Then raise it. You will get result with in a week.
            Otherwise for age wrinkles you can use Olay age remover it's also a good product and get result soon.
            Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paxton View Post
              Hi guys,,,
              I want to advice you the following natural remedy to get rid of age spots.Take a fresh cucumber and cut into pieces.Close your eyes and place the two pieces above the eyes.You can try it before sleep.
              Try this,surely working.
              You need to consume plenty of water daily to keep hydrated your body, i am agree with the Paxton suggestion to use the cucumber pieces on the eyes before going in to the bed.

Comment

• natural home care is usually the best treatment for age spots.Also, you can try InviCible Scars.It's a good age spots remover!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X