Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bumps under my skin

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• bumps under my skin

hi i was wondering if anyone has got any advice for me. during the past year ive noticed the skin on the top of my arms has small bumps under it like spots i suppose. I cant see them and they dont itch,its just when i run my hands over them i can feel them. ive tryed exfoliating but it just doesnt seem to work, any sugestions?

• What you are describing sounds like keratosis pilaris. http://www.keratosis-pilaris.com/

Comment

• yeah, i thought that at first, but every pic ive seen of Keratosis Pilaris has little red bumps however, you cant see mine can just feel them. but maybe what i am experencing is just a minor case of it. suppose i should be greatful that you cant see it, i just miss my smooth skin!

Comment

• WOW!!

Now I find this very interesting, seeing that I have this same thing on my arms, just before the elbows.

It's not bad, but I now I know what to use on them... some alpha hydroxy or LactiCare.

I'm glad I peep this post!

Comment

• I have keratosis pilaris on the back of my arms...while now they appear to be red bumps, it didn't initially start that way. At first, it was a 2 or 3 bumps on the back of one of my arms. Now it's SEVERAL red bumps on the back of both arms. I have been to my dermatologist several times over the past couple of years...have tried prescription strength stuff and over the counter stuff and NOTHING seems to help it. Was thinking about trying a different dermatologist, but from the research I've done online, turns out A LOT of people have it and it can only be treated, but there is NO cure for it.

Comment

• thats not good

Comment

• Yeah, but it doesn't necessarily mean you won't find something to treat it. Just means I've tried multiple treatments and none of them have worked for me. I'm still holding out hope that I'll find something to make it work. I also started seeing it more after I gained my weight. Will be trying to seriously lose that weight starting next Sunday after I get back from vacation. Interested to see if that has any kind of affect on it at all.

Comment

• Just cuious, did you managed to find a solution for it?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X