Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brighter skin suggestion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Brighter skin suggestion

I have a normal asian complexion.I liked my complexion.But I have seen that I can't usemy favourite make-ups for not being brighter.And my skin just looks oily...
    I want to get fairer or brighter or whatever it is..
    I am afraid to rely on simple bangladeshi fairness creams.
    I need suggestions on this..like what to do and what to use!
    Is Garnier Light Moisturizer good at this?

• I am also Asian. But unlike most, I have an all-year natural tan. I make sure I eat healthy and drink suffeicient amount of water. I do exercise regularly (which I halted for two months due to a job-schedule change and need to re-start and make sure I keep doing it)... I believe in the beauty should be taken "inside - out"... no creams or anything that you apply could help if you do not deal with the intrinsic bodily processes.

But, I do use a facial cream in addition to what I am already doing. For my face I use Shisheido Bio Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer Whitening Formula day and night. Aside from that, I use extra virgin coconut oil on my undereye area.

As for the whole body, I do not use any other products but gentle hypo-allergenic soap and water. I do use some body and facial scrub once a week though, but that's all. If you want to try Garnier Light Moisturizer, do so and see what it does.

If you possible, you can go to a dermatologist to have your skin checked, especially the oiliness.

Just a reminder to next posters: Please take the time to read forum rules/FAQs. Outbound linking and product promotion is not allowed and would result in permanent banning.

Comment

• Outbound linking and product promotion is not allowed and would result in permanent banning.
      I actually didn't understand this part.Did I write something that is offensive here?

Comment

• Hi Dark_Crazy_Lover,

Absolutely not...

We have had so many spammers of late, the moment you mention a product they come swarming in and hi-jack threads, such as yours

Cat was just warning a potential spammer but trust me they don't listen anyway...

Bumping for futher opinons... on the said topic.

CW
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Today I was sunbathing in a new solarium SonneX magnum 230 DUO! I love it! Great tan! You shoul'd try it!

Comment

• I am confused... some people are naming products....can we name products or is that spamming? I am so computer illiterate and so new to all of this I just don't know what is acceptable. I have been using a great product that simply promotes healthy, vibrant, brighter skin and I love it so I would like to tell people about it, but links are not acceptable so now I am at a loss for how to try to help people. Sorry.

Comment

• plz plz plz tell me about it!!!

Comment

• I'm not an expert at any of this, but maybe if you went to a beauticans and got a facial skin peel?

It's a simple facial treatment that takes away any dead or dry skin that may be on your face and leaves your skin looking bright and radiant?

Just a suggestion.
                Live Like There's No Tomorrow, Laugh Until The Pain Goes Away, And Love Like Nothing Else In The World Matters.♥.

Comment

• Citrus fruits can brighten your skin like orange and lemons. Do some lemonade and drink it substitute to water alone. It's healthy and helps your skin brighter, I also use facial masks with Vitamin C and Argan Oil. It keeps my skin rejuvenated.
                  Live life to the fullest...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Crazy_Lover View Post
                    I have a normal asian complexion.I liked my complexion.But I have seen that I can't usemy favourite make-ups for not being brighter.And my skin just looks oily...
                    I want to get fairer or brighter or whatever it is..
                    I am afraid to rely on simple bangladeshi fairness creams.
                    I need suggestions on this..like what to do and what to use!
                    Is Garnier Light Moisturizer good at this?
                    I'm also Asian. Brighter skin is caused by healthy lifestyle so drink lots of water and do lots of exercise. I apply lotion and moisturizer after morning, afternoon, and evening bath. I also drink squalene supplement to keep my skin nourished preventing skin cell damage that causes dry skin making it look dull. Vain isn't it? Oh well, I have to take care of my skin before it starts sagging :P I don't really know about garnier. I use neutrogena moisturizer coz it's very lightweight giving off matte finish. I find it perfect under makeup.

Comment

• Yes, brighter skin can only be attained by doing early morning walks, drink lukewarm water immediatley after getting up. Do meditation and yoga in the morning. It brings glow to your face. Drink green tea instead of coffe or black tea.

Comment

• Try taking a couple drops of Schissandra Berry Extract! I have a bottle and I swear by it. Tastes horrible but has completely changed my face! The "Glow" is there! As well as many other benefits!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                        X