Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sore, chapped lips...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• sore, chapped lips...

this time of year my lips get horribly chapped and sore can anyone recommend a really good balm or chap stick ?
    i'm currently using vaseline with aloe and is not really working all too well
    i had the carmex one but the menthol in it stung my lips!
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving....

Never forget your principles

Favorite quote " I was ripped off in Pound Land "

• Vaseline will not work, it is a bit too oily. The typical Chapstick brand works well, Blistex is also good.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Yea Blistex works great for me, especially the creamy version of blistex. In Finland they sell one name Blistex Lip Relief and I personally think it works better than the ones in the form of a "stick". If my lips are really chapped and I'm not in public I just add a quite thick layer of it. It gets rid of chapped lips surprisingly fast.

Comment

• I mix Glycerin, rosewater, fresh lemmon juice together and keep this solution in bottle.At night after cleaning my face and my lips i just put this solution on. I dont put any thing anythin else.This solutions does wonders.My skin and my lips becomes soft and smooth.In the morning wash my face.

I hope this helps you.
        mnsingh

Comment

• ive learned that the MORE i use chapstick and other lip balms....the MORE my lips get chapped!... thats how they get you to buy....you should really try to find a more sensitive balm that wont get your lips so addicted to it so you wont have to keep putting it on when your lips get chapped....just try to put vaseline on at night and let it soak in, or apply a face mosturizer over your lips while your applying to you face.....just try to ween off of using lip balms constantly because then ur lips will get more chapped....hope this helps!

Comment

• Lucas' Paw Paw ointment is the best thing I have ever used, and it's not only for lips, it's for skin, burns, stings, everything!

Comment

• I use aquaphor, it's similar to vasaline, but i like it better. I have eczema, and when i went abroad for a year in germany, my lips got chapped. I never really had to use chap stick before, i figured they would get better on thier own. I guess since my excema had showed itself for the first time the summer before i left, it flared and cause an eczema break out on my lips. I didn't know that's what was happening that the time, all i knew were my lips started oozing and breaking open, and then i got an infection. it was the most awful thing I've ever experienced. Now, i can only use Vaseline or Vaseline products to get the job done, everything else doesn't work. I almost had another episode in the spring while i was in Germany, but Vaseline got rid of it. Good luck in your search!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X