Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pimples or dry skin - what is worse?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Pimples or dry skin - what is worse?

I have my face cleanser and toner that works great, but just leaves the skin a little dry right after washing. But if I use moisturizer, even a small amount of a very light one, I get pimples. Whats worse for the skin long term - pimples or dry skin?
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

• What kind of moisturizer have you tried? You shouldn't have to have either pimply skin or dry skin! Both those options suck

Have you tried Cetaphil?

Comment

• Cetaphil Cetaphil Cetaphil!!!!! My mom talked me into trying it. I have oily skin.....that oddly enough is sensitive to soaps etc and tends to dry out. I thought the drying out was a good thing....ya know...drying up the oil therefore less pimples. Wrong. The more drying the soap was, the more pimples I got. The more I washed my face, the more pimples I got. The harder I scrubbed, the more pimples I got. When I finally broke down and tried Cetaphil I was so surprised at how awesome my skin felt. I use the gentle facial wash, and spf daily facial lotion (that I keep in my fridge for use in the mornings after a hot shower). My skin, in just a few weeks, not only feels better but LOOKS better. I just went through a menstrual cycle with no breakouts. My pores are smaller, fewer blackheads, more evenly toned. I even pinned Cetaphil on pinterest last night to encourage others to use it.

Don't pick the lesser of two evils: dry skin or pimples. Just change what you're doing.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Both are worst! I don't like having any of those. That's why moisturizers and water is my best friend!

Comment

• Cetaphil is a brand or line of products, so it might be helpful to know, specifically, which one you are speaking of in order to be most helpful.

In addition, pimples/acne can cause scarring in some cases. I've never heard of dry skin causing scarring.

Something to think about.

Comment

• Originally posted by sp346 View Post
            I have my face cleanser and toner that works great, but just leaves the skin a little dry right after washing. But if I use moisturizer, even a small amount of a very light one, I get pimples. Whats worse for the skin long term - pimples or dry skin?
            That's a good question! I hate dry skin and have come to find that if I take a tablespoon of virgin olive oil a day raw (like before lunch or dinner), I do not usually get dry skin after washing my face the next day. This will also help keep acne at bay as well, so a two birds with one stone remedy.

Dry skin is an issue when it comes to premature wrinkling though. I would try out the olive oil (ingesting it) remedy to see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by angelap99 View Post
              That's a good question! I hate dry skin and have come to find that if I take a tablespoon of virgin olive oil a day raw (like before lunch or dinner), I do not usually get dry skin after washing my face the next day. This will also help keep acne at bay as well, so a two birds with one stone remedy.

Dry skin is an issue when it comes to premature wrinkling though. I would try out the olive oil (ingesting it) remedy to see what happens.
              Have you tried this yet? I remember one of my friend's mom ingested olive oil every single morning and my friend said her mom's skin looks amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by sp346 View Post
                I agree with everyone else. Pimples and dry skin...NONE! I have oily skin and an occasional pimple during my menstrual cycle. But with my current skincare routine, I've been able to keep the oil a little bit under control. You may have to change your skincare routine.

Comment

• Sebamed!!!! You have no idea, discovering Sebamed seriously changed my whole family's life. We all have different skin type, I have super sensitive skin, my husband has oily skin (in his 30s and still breaks out), both my daughter & son have super dry skin. We've all be struggling to find the right skin care products. I started using Sebamed because a friend recommended it to me, and let me tell you.. it is AMAZING. My daughter always jokes about how it's like the sisterhood of travelling pants, one brand fits all hahaha.

Anyway, I came across this video about Sebamed and how it's different from other skin care products because it is pH 5.5
                  Say NO to soap! I swear, your life will be so much better.

Comment

• The cleansing the skin too frequently and vigorously with strong products can irritate and dry the skin, making acne worse. A mild cleanser is a better option, particularly for those with dry skin. According to the Acne Resource Center, acne isnt just an affliction for those with oily skin; in fact, those with dry or normal skin can suffer with it as well. Some may have combination skin on different parts of their body.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X