Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help to reduce Acne

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAmandaLittle View Post
    First thing to mention here, DO NOT use exfoliating scrubs if you've got acne. They're great if you have clear skin you're trying to keep clear but they just aggravate acne. Try washing with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphyl and using benzoil peroxide. Make sure to moisturize so you don't get too dry
    That's not necessarily correct for everyone...I use an exfoliating scrub on my face and it helps clear my acne when I get it. I just use a medicated one. Everybody's skin is different...what may not work for you just might work for someone else.

I also use toners and astringents...which may or may not work for someone else if they have sensitive skin.
    WickedVegasInk

Comment

• Originally posted by katemartin View Post
      Since last couple of weeks i am really suffering from the pimple acne. I need some home remedies & tips to get rid of the pimple.

Will you suggest some ways to reduce it ?

Thanks in Advance
      Hi katemartin, There are so many reason for causing acne like junk food, oily food, Avoid all these. Eat healthy food, vegetables and drink plenty of water. Use natural face wash like honey face wash...

Comment

• Nice conversation, now days most of them are affect by this problems, so i think you need control the oil foods instead you can use fruits and fiber rich foods.

Comment

• You can try skin whitening cream like intilight and many more in market. These are used by our family and very effective for skin.

Comment

• I put on some pure organic honey into the acne. The red mark just disappeared the next morning. If it's too serious, I guess you have to use some antibiotics for it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Agreed, paulgonzales86.

Comment

• First go over your diet, try to stop/eat less sugar, transfats, processed foods. Eat more veggies and fruits. The body often reacts to toxins in the body that build up for days and this comes from food and even stress(relax more?). Externally, perhaps apply green tea to skin.

Comment

• [This isn't spam] but not to intentionally plug a website, the site called "Cupcakes and Cashmere" by Emily Schuman has an article on acne treatments and advice: it's really good. Plus, it has lots of common sense/practical advice/recommendations. I suggest anyone with acne check it out. Plus [again: not spam] there is loads of other advice from cleaning tips, to worklife, to beauty and fashion and everything else.

Have a look!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to AC7

Funnily enough, I bought peanut butter from the supermarket yesterday! I had a peanut butter sandwich this morning: delicious. I wouldn't attempt to make...

Today, 05:51 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Reply to I dont trust Mother

I can understand your feelings about your brother: he should've known better than to take and squander your mother's money. Because - as you know - he...

Today, 05:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Reply to So nervous about my first pap smear

I second Ashlee T's post.

It'll be over before you know it and will be painless. You could talk to the nurse doing the pap smear and tell...

Today, 05:40 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Reply to What kind of music do you listen to?

I am definitely a pop princess when it comes to music! I love Kylie, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Pussycat Dolls. As you can tell,...

Today, 05:34 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Reply to hello all

Welcome back, Olympia!

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X