Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acne, HELP!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Acne, HELP!

Hi Ladies and Gents, I am just wanting some advice/help/encouragment about my acne problem.

To give you a nutshell image, I've always had bad acne since I was very young - its on my face, scalp, neck, chest, inbetween my breasts, shoulders and all down my back to the bottom of my bum/top of my thighs - basically everywhere. I also have acne rosacea, eczema and very pale senstive skin = bad mixture. In the past I've been on hormone treatment for my skin, acne pills and tonnes of topical treatments but nothing has stopped them and recently over the past 6 months they've been really bad - on my face is my main issue, I'd happily live with them everywhere else but people stare at my face when I dont wear makeup as its very red and inflammed all the time (either from my acne face wash, or from the previous days makeup) and recently its been hammering down on my confidence and self esteem so I avoid making eye contact with people and walk looking at the ground if I'm not wearing a full face of makeup just to avoid the look on their faces when they spot mine.

I'm not sure what advice or help I'm looking for, but more looking for some support from people who've been in my shoes or something as I am just pure fed up of constantly battling my face.

Thanks all.

• I know what you're going through. I've been put in the same situation, but soon realized that there are people far worse than me, so I kind of got a confidence boost. Don't let yourself fooled by your looks. No matter how good or bad your body is, it's still yours, and nobody can take it away from you.

Comment

• Many of us suffering from an acne outbreak at some point, whether it's due to hormones or stress. Contrary to popular belief, pimples don't mean your skin is dirty or unclean — in fact, over-cleansing can irritate your skin even more.If you have one or two pimples you want to isolate and destroy, spot-treatment is the way to go. Instead of putting drying, acne-killing agents all over your skin, focus on applying them only on top of the worst offenders. Tea tree oil is an antibacterial agent that can help clear out the microbes clogging your skin. Apply the oil to a cotton swab, and gently touch the swab to any pimples. Avoid using too much tea tree oil. There are some foods and products suggested by top Superdrugsaver dermatologist that protect you from acne.Olive oil lotion, Lemon juice, Watermelon, Raspberries, Yogurt, walnuts, Apple. Precautions actions like, it's so tempting pick at a zit until it goes away, but resist. The bacteria from your fingernails will only make matters worse

Comment

• Gob your face in honey. Yes, honey! Plan on doing this on a day when you know you'll be home all day. That's because to get the maximum results it needs to stay on your face all day. Put your hair up in a bun and literally just cover your face in honey. For even better results add cinnamon. So you will be smelling pretty good on top of getting a good exfoliation thing going on. Actually I'm not sure how it works to be honest. I just know that it does. When you take it off, use a cold/cool washcloth. Cold water closes pores. Find time after that first day to leave it on for at least an hour everyday thereafter. I did mine overnight and got fast results. The downside though is having sticky honey all over the pillow and can only imagine if you had a partner! So I would recommend the daytime. Either way would get you results.

Comment

• Originally posted by peridotdreamer View Post
          Gob your face in honey. Yes, honey! Plan on doing this on a day when you know you'll be home all day. That's because to get the maximum results it needs to stay on your face all day. Put your hair up in a bun and literally just cover your face in honey. For even better results add cinnamon. So you will be smelling pretty good on top of getting a good exfoliation thing going on. Actually I'm not sure how it works to be honest. I just know that it does. When you take it off, use a cold/cool washcloth. Cold water closes pores. Find time after that first day to leave it on for at least an hour everyday thereafter. I did mine overnight and got fast results. The downside though is having sticky honey all over the pillow and can only imagine if you had a partner! So I would recommend the daytime. Either way would get you results.
          She'd have to put honey everywhere on her body, so I'm pretty sure it won't work.

Comment

• Why don't you consult doctor. he will definitely help you. If you want to experimenting with your skin, use honey on your skin. It is safe to use, moreover it helps alot. Sometimes, i tried on my face also.

Comment

• Hi! so I've had really bad acne for about 3 years now and it is FINALLY starting to clear up. Here's what I tried and I seemed to get amazing results quite quickly. What I did is I mixed about half a cup of honey with about 3/4 of a tablespoon of cinnamon and the fresh lemon juice from one lemon. After it's completely mixed up all you have to do is apply it either to your whole face (which makes an amazing scrub) or just dab it on any blemishes that pop up, and let it sit for about 12-15 minutes. Then all you do is rinse it off with warm water. My skin always felt so soft afterwards!! Another thing I was using was a grapefruit acne face wash (which I got at cvs for a fair price) and it seemed to also help me out a lot! I have also been drinking several cups of water a day and been eating about 2 pomegranates in the morning. The water has helped flush out toxins and give me clearer skin, and the pomegranates, which have more antioxidants than any other fruits or vegetables, has really helped shrink my oil glands and is also working with the water to flush out any extra toxins in my skin. I have noticed an amazing decrease in blackheads, and any pimples I get now have a thin layer of skin on top of it, instead of the thick hard layer that I used to get, which made my face feel extremely painful if it was touched by anything. I would definitely recommend trying these and see how they work for you!! sorry that this thread is so long. I hope it helps. It really helped me!!

Comment

• Acne is a most common hormonal issue probably found on many teen age peoples. you do not worry about acne, however you must change the food habit as well as stop the habit of smoking and drinking alcohol. Keep clean your dresses and accessories which you are using more often.
                Epicuren Lotion

Comment

• Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar Acne-Prone Skin Formula Soap -- 3.5 oz
                  Item #: NEU 1013304
                  SKU #: 070501013304
                  Count: 3.5 oz
                  Weight: 0.27

that will rid your problem

Comment

• That's common problem of teenagers, hormonal changes. Acne and pimples can be controlled if properly address. Proper diet and exercise is the best way to combat these culprit because when you have daily exercise toxins from your body are released through sweat glands. Proper hygiene is also important. Using some acne gel or cream is also recommended.
                    Live life to the fullest...

Comment

• We Feel the same Way

I feel you. I have my hell acne days back when I was a teen. There were even times I wanted to never appear in class because I'm so ashamed. As I've learned, it is never too late to live your life. You can seek help from a dermatologist or even have your skin tested as there may be things and food that trigger such response from your skin, like dust, nuts etc.

Comment

• Acne is a nightmare but it probably looks worse to you than it does to anyone else. Make sure you cleanse well. Avoid using too many different types of products. I would ask your doctor in the first instance.
                        However, Aloe Vera is an excellent skin product.

Comment

• Good day, I have just given this advice to another woman. Sou should use the Aloe Gel made from the Aloe Ferox plant. It is available on ebay and it is fantastic.

Comment

• I can understand your situation fully, but have you tried aloe vera gel ever? Just apply it on your face for 15-20 minutes daily and then, rinse it off. You will get the best results.

Comment

• I suffered with mild acne from 14 until about 32 and even then I would still get spots. My self-confidence plummeted. It's important to The advice has been really good. Combining what you eat with what you're putting on your skin is a winning combo. Honey has a natural antiseptic too I believe and that's why it works. Try drinking 3 litres of water a day. A sauna would help you to sweat out some toxins to. ;-)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X