Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Advice For Avoiding Pimples Before Or During Period?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Any Advice For Avoiding Pimples Before Or During Period?

Dear all, I am new here. I really need some advice. Does anybody has a pimple problem when you are in or before your period? I have been troubled by this annoying problem for a long time. I actually take care of myself during my period. I go to bed early, drink a lot of water, but wake up with a new pimple on my face!! This drives me crazy...any advice would be really appreciated.
    Last edited by Holiday; 09-23-2013, 11:11 PM.

• You may need to raise your estrogen levels, talk with your ob-gyn.

Comment

• As your acne is hormonal, have you tried taking evening primrose or starflower oil? I have hormonal acne that I keep under control with topical retinoid, drinking plenty of water, and making sure my diet is balanced.
      “...choose to believe in your own myth
      your own glamour
      your own spell
      a young woman who does this
      (even if she is just pretending)
      has everything....”
      ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

• Try increasing your vitamin D intake through supplements to aid in healthier skin and maintaining a healthier immune system.
        B-complex & B6 supplements can help for healthier skin
        You can try increasing your omega 3 fatty acids by taking supplements such as Evening Primrose Oil, fish oils, etc… and by eating walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans or macadamia nuts
        Fennel seeds, Flax seeds and Flax seed Oil supplements also act as anti-inflammatories.
        Some people have had success using Turmeric orally or topically. (reduce redness & acne)

It's up to you how much effort you want to put into caring for your health and your skin.

Here are a few helpful, (and natural) hints for a better complexion for a lifetime:
        - avoid touching your face throughout the day (dirt, oils, & bacteria from your hands can clog the pores)
        - avoid any products with alcohol (internally or externally) Alcohol can burn & irritate sensitive skin
        - only use gentle, oil-free, alcohol-free cleansers on your face
        - avoid scented soaps and creams
        - have a daily facial cleansing routine (2x daily, morning & night. Do not scrub as this will irritate the skin)
        - try a dairy milk face-soak during a flare-up (as long as you're not allergic) The dairy milk helps to balance the natural PH of the skin
        - try using face lotion containing certified green algae (use lotions, not creams, as lotion is more gentle on the skin and absorbs more easily)
        - drink pure green tea, rose hip tea, or fennel tea (great antioxidants!) If you require a sweetener, use only 1 tsp of pasteurized honey.
        - eat foods high in anti-oxidants; such as blueberries, cranberries, purple grapes, broccoli, etc..
        - avoid spicy foods and greasy foods
        - find out what your own personal food "triggers" are and avoid them so you can avoid flare-ups of redness and acne. (many people find food with histamines aggravate the redness)
        - avoid hot things. Hot showers & hot tubs, hot drinks (the heat will dilate blood vessels causing more redness and inflammation which can then lead to more acne breakouts.)
        - try to get at least 7 - 8 hours of sleep each night!!! (aids in the healing processes of the body)
        - try to cut down on stress (stress can magnify a multitude of conditions)

Comment

• Well, it is very common among girls. It happens due to hormonal changes. But you can try some of the solutions which could help you. Increase the intake of Vitamin D to make your skin healthier. B6 and B complex supplements balance the hormones and essential for healthier skin. Hope it will help you. Good luck !

Comment

• Pimples during periods are caused by hormonal imbalanced. Here are the things you can do to get rid of those pimples.

1.Take vitamin B rich foods.
            2. Start exercising before you are premenstrual and establish a regular routine.
            3. Eat a well-balanced diet.
            4. Avoid sugar, artificial sweetener, caffeine, white flour, alcohol and nicotine when you are premenstrual.
            5. Limit fruit intake to only three servings per day.
            6. Visit your doctor to get a prescription for birth control pills.
            7. Reduce stress during PMS with meditation, yoga, massage or creative alternatives like painting or writing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X