Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foundation for oily skin

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Foundation for oily skin

Hey,
    I find it really hard to find a foundation that suits my oily skin type and covers my acne. After a couple of hours im left looking shiny and awful, can any one help? i dont have time to go out to the shops either so would rather buy online

Thanks

• I used maybeline foundation and Maybeline BB cream to cover my acne but it only aggravated my skin. So I decided to seek dermatologist advice. She told me not to wear foundation and BB cream but instead she gave me acne lotion to treat my acne at the same time cover my acne. It is really great. My acne is getting healed and I am now using whitening cream but still use acne lotion.
    Live life to the fullest...

Comment

• I have very oily skin and used to have bad acne/rosacea. I currently use Bare Minerals (also known as Bare Escentuals). It works for me. I start with their "Prime Time Oil Control Foundation Primer" and follow with their "Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15." I've been using their products about 3 years now.

Comment

• I never had full blown acne but I did have skin issues where my skin would break out and it would be pretty bad regardless. I used Garnier's BB cream for oily skin and while it did a good job of covering it up, my skin would still get oily after a couple of hours. If your skin is not sensitive, I recommend using this product by Clean & Clear, it worked amazingly for me with just one application before I went to sleep every night, cleared up my skin and it was nowhere near as oily as it had been, however I did have to stop using it because my skin became extremely sensitive after I got pretty bad sunburned lol, but it worked miracles for my younger brother, so it might be worth a try.
        Last edited by Fallen1; 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM. Reason: Remove outbound link

Comment

• Many women have found the benefits of using mineral make-up as opposed to the traditional liquid foundation, or powder. Mineral make-up doesn't contain the chemicals that cause some people to break out, or aggravate sensitive skin conditions. There's a method to apply this type of foundation, but it can look natural if done right. Use kabuki brush. To use it, spin the kabuki brush in the cap, then tap the brush to dust off the extra powder. The brush is most important in covering large areas of your face and your foundation will look natural.
          Live life to the fullest...

Comment

• Whatever type of foundation you use make sure it is bright and place it on every corner of your face. You can place it by using your fingers or a special sponge.

Comment

• Well, foundation is really necessary before wearing make-up especially if you wear daily and having oily skin to keep your makeup alright throughout the day. As you are having oily skin like me, I would recommend you to use foundation of either Maybeline or Revlon. Hopefully, it will help you.

Comment

• I have pretty oily and live where it is super hot. I use mineral powder foundation. It works great and stays on all day.

Comment

• For oily face, always make sure to use a foundation that is powder based and oil-free. Do not use liquid foundation because it will make your skin more oily.

Comment

• From my point of view you shoud use Stela Stat All Day Foundation. According to me it is the best foundation for oily skin. This foundation has shown so much results. If you have no time to buy it off-line, there are plenty of websites, from where you can buy it online.

Comment

• Choose a foundation that you can use on a daily basis that will not harm your skin. Otherwise your skin might get damaged.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X