Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Remedies for acne

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Natural Remedies for acne

Hello everyone! I am 21 years old and my acne has never been so bad in my life. I went off of my birth control in January due to scheduling issues at my doctors office but I am back on it. I know this may be part of the issue to my acne. What natural acne remedies have you tried that have worked?
    I have used everything over the counter I can imagine. I've tried lemon juice, honey, cinnamon. That combination makes my skin very soft but nothing seems to be working for my acne.

• You can try Fuller's earth (Multani Mitti). It really works. Apply it on your face 2-3 times a week and it will bring positive results.

Comment

• I recommend Aloe vera gel…..decreasing swelling and redness. It also has antibacterial properties and I hear Apple Cider Vinegar Toner.

Comment

• Use advil gel as a topical treatment, will remove any redness. Eating spicy food or drinking alcohol can make them worse, I noticed that there's improvement when I drink at least 3 liters of water daily, it cleanses your body.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaythaley View Post
          Hello everyone! I am 21 years old and my acne has never been so bad in my life. I went off of my birth control in January due to scheduling issues at my doctors office but I am back on it. I know this may be part of the issue to my acne. What natural acne remedies have you tried that have worked?
          I have used everything over the counter I can imagine. I've tried lemon juice, honey, cinnamon. That combination makes my skin very soft but nothing seems to be working for my acne.
          Hi there,
          Skin hydration is a most important cause of acne so try to drink at-least 10-12 glass of water daily. Apart from that grapes also considered as a wonderful facial cleanser and an anti acne treatment. What you've to do is, grab few fresh grapes from your fridge. Cut two or three grapes in half and rub the flesh over your face and neck, then rinse with cool water. Try it it really works. Cheers!!

Comment

• Acne and pimples are caused by a blockage in the pores of the skin. I drink lots of water and take a zinc supplement which helps me.
            Last edited by Nicca12; 09-09-2014, 10:32 AM. Reason: Forgot an important word
            Because I'm Happy!

Comment

• Try tea tree oil, it acts like an antiseptic and disinfects the pores.It kill the bacteria that cause acne. Everyday applying one drop of tree tea oil to the affected area can really do wonders.

Comment

• Increase the amount of water you drink. Try also a liver detox supplement. It will cleanse your body from the inside. Acne might get a bit worse at first, it would just be all the impurities leaving your body. Milk Thistle Pills, 2 per day! Witch Hazel you could also try. A black soap bar is great for oily skin and drying out existing pimples. Add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil to whatever face wash you are using! You should get results with any of these

Comment

• To reduce in inflammation of acne, you can use ice cubes. Gently apply it in your skin to make your pores appear smaller and reduce inflammation. You could also use tea tree oil. It is a great herbal remedy with anti-fungal and antibacterial property. It works just as effective as benzoyl peroxide. And although benzoyl peroxide work faster than tea tree oil, tea tree oil has lesser side effects.

Comment

• Try some masks, like natural ingredient based masks, from avocados to argon oil. I haven't really checked into the benefits of some of these natural materials. But I feel like they are the safest bet, if you want something more effective, I think there are more chemically based moisturizers that are specially designed for acne. Don't use anything oily.

I like doing masks because afterwards you feel nice and clean.

See latest of Skin Care in Fashion world

Comment

• You can also tried with apple cider vinegar. You will need only Pure unfiltered apple cider vinegar and fresh water. Wash your face with water and pat dry. Using a ratio of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water, dip a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it directly to the blemish. Leave it on for at least 10 minutes, or overnight. Reapply several times a day, washing face thoroughly after each time. Make sure to use a moisturizer afterwards as well if you feel like your skin is getting dry.

Comment

• As you said, you have already tried many home remedies, but you didn’t see any improvement; In that case, according to me, consulting an experienced doctor is a better option for you, who can guide you the best after analyzing your acne condition. As far as I know about acne, I can suggest you some home remedies which may help you get rid of acne. However, if you don’t observe any improvement after trying these remedies, then the only way to get rid of bad acne is consulting an experienced doctor. You will need aloe-vera gel. Wash your face with water and pat dry. With the help of your fingertips, apply gel on the spotted areas which can help you reduce acne. Baking soda is also very useful in curing acne. You can make a paste by mixing baking soda with water; Massage the paste on the affected areas in slow circular motion for 2 minutes. Leave the mask on for around 15-20 minutes, and then rinse thoroughly with warm water, pat dry, and moisturize.

Comment

• One of the best natural remedies for acne prone skin is to keep your skin clean. Wash your face several times a day so that dirt and oil do not affect your skin.

Comment

• Use homoeopathy cream. It has great result.

Comment

• I'd definitely try tea tree oil. Have you seen a dermatologist? I would say not to over wash your face. Do clean twice a day and I'd continue to use medicated face washes. Only use specialized facial creams. Definitely consult your doctor and get referred to a dermatologist. You don't necessarily have a dirty face: it is more complicated than that. You may need pills and a special cream to clear up your acne. But your doctor will advise you.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X