Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Mouth remedies?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Dry Mouth remedies?

I've been forcing myself to drink more water lately, and even keep a cold glass on my bedside table, but sometimes I wakeup in the middle of the night with an annoyingly dry mouth, why does this happen??
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

• Do you sleep with your mouth open?

Comment

• No, not unless I'm sick!
      “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

Comment

• Maybe the humidifier setting on your furnace?
        "Those sowing seed with tears
        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Hmmm... that's a good idea stillness!

Also, for me, if I eat anything savory before bed (say I snack on chips/crackers or have a big dinner with red meat or pork or something), I get some serious dry mouth.

I know some meds can cause it too, not sure if you're on anything that would be the culprit though.

I'd try sleeping with a humidifier in your room - that could help, along with the drinking water nearby!

Comment

• Everything good on your last checkup, like blood sugar?
            [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• never had a checkup,but the humidifier sounds like a good idea!

Comment

• I would firstly go and see a dentist to see whether or not you are producing enough saliva, whether you have periodontitis, as dry mouth can cause a lot of cavities if there is not enough saliva, breaking down the food between your teeth.

Dry mouth usually also shows other symptoms such as dry eyes, nose, coughing a lot, food getting stuck.

If you don't have these issues it could be blocked sinuses which re-act more when you lay down and help create a dry throat.
                PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• eat cucumber before sleep or Apply honey on the lips

Comment

• Hi sodium or salty foods will do it too.

Comment

• Have you tried thyme mouthwash? Every morning and evening, rinse your mouth with liquid thyme. You will feel the results after a couple of days.

Comment

• Dry mouth is a problem which can cause a person the gum disease, tooth decay and mouth infections like thrush. There are some symptoms that can cause a person the dry mouth problem:
                        1. Sticky and dry feeling into mouth.
                        2. Frequently feeling of thrust.
                        3. Cracked lips and sores in the mouth.
                        4. Dry feeling into throat.
                        5. Burning and tingling sensation especially at tongue in mouth.
                        6. Redness and dryness at tongue.
                        7. Bad Breathe.
                        8. Problem in speaking, swallow and chewing.
                        9. Feeling hoarseness, nasal passes can be dry and throat could be sore.

And to treat the mouth dryness you can follow the following things:
                        1. You can use an oral moist.
                        2. You can drink plenty of water to moist mouth.
                        3. You can chew sugar free candies.
                        4. You can opt for breathing from your nose instead of mouth to keep moist.
                        5. You can use an artificial saliva substitute.
                        6. You can opt for a room vaporizer to spread moist in room's air.

After doing all this if you are not getting cured then you should consult to the doctor.

Comment

• If the salivary glands are down for the count, you'll need all the reinforcements you can muster to help get food down. Try to complement each dish with sauce, gravy, broth, butter, or yogurt. Food will be easier to swallow. Another option is to stick to soft, liquidy foods, such as stews, soups, and noodle dishes.

Comment

• Drink lots of water every day and avoid eating sweets. You must also eat fruits and vegetables daily and make it a part of your meal every day. Don't use harsh tooth paste and change it with natural toothpaste. Don't use mouthwash with alcohol, natural mouthwash is the best to avoid dry mouth. You can also eat ice cubes to keep it hydrated.
                            Live life to the fullest...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                            X