Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rash or allergic reaction on my face

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Rash or allergic reaction on my face

I wonder if anyone has any advice or been though this.

I cannot say for sure it started with a BB cream, but I am leaning towards thinking it started with that because I had started using it shortly before. (I stopped using it as soon as the problems started.)

My face, especially my cheeks and jaw and neck, but a little on my forehead started itching and burning. When this started for the first few days I had burning and bumps and itching. I tried to put Noxema on my skin and then even aloe with lidocaine.

Now - a few days later - it is like my skin is tight and has a weird rough coating type appearance and feeling; especially bad when I got out the shower, across both cheeks. I had a couple bad blackheads along my cheek/chin. My nose and lower neck feel more normal.

I have an appointment for the doctor. But I have never had anything like this.

Has anyone heard of something like this? (I saw somewhere else that people have had allergic reactions to some bb creams - it turns out this one - Olay is mostly a sunscreen though it has some color.)

• My advice to you right now is to go and see the doctor.

Let him or her examine your skin and hear what he or she has to say.

At this point of time until your appointment with your doctor, do not buy or try products that might do more harm than good to your skin.

Comment

• Extract aloe vera gel from its plant and apply it on your face for 15-20 minutes daily. It will surely help you.

Comment

• If you wanna try home remedies, I suggest that you try the banana-cucumber mixture facial mask. This will help you reduce redness and inflammation on the face which is due to allergies. But remember, before you try anything consult to your dermatologist first.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X