Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to treat cold sores - any tips?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• How to treat cold sores - any tips?

Hi ladies,

I suffer with cold sores and I am getting a bit fed up with them.

I know that they are something that I can never get rid of completely, I am just wondering if anyone knows of any good treatments or tips that can help to alleviate the symptoms while I have an outbreak.

Thanks,

JennieGizmo

• Have you tried Zilactin-B? It's a gel than contains 10% Bensocaine that numbs the area. It helped my hubby when he had a canker sore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
    ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• Originally posted by chaya View Post
      Have you tried Zilactin-B? It's a gel than contains 10% Bensocaine that numbs the area. It helped my hubby when he had a canker sore.
      I haven't tried that no, I did some googling and came across a site called WhatAllergy, the author recommended something called - Herstat Cold Sore Treatment and had some pics up, it looks good.
      ---
      I just saw your signature, I'm trying to attain Satori/Kensho myself - started Zazen last year
      Last edited by Fallen1; 06-04-2014, 11:00 AM. Reason: Remove outbound link

Comment

• Good sleeping, proper diet, and exercise habits are crucial to keeping the virus under control. Get eight hours of sleep every night and teach yourself to relax and not stress out too much. Exercise helps to manage stress. And limit your time under the sun. Eating meat also helps a lot. Vegetarians will have a more difficult time managing the herpes virus. Your body needs an adequate amount of calories and protein to maintain proper immune function. Basically, everything you do that lowers your immune response will activate the virus. Leading a healthy lifestyle and keeping a positive outlook on things are the best things you can do for your immune system which will fight the virus.

Comment

• Hi Jennie there are several ways to get rid of cold sores. You need to choose the one depending on your symptoms.
          Last edited by Fallen1; 06-13-2014, 08:53 AM. Reason: Delete outbound link

Comment

• Yes take at least 10 grams of divided doses of the amino acid L Lysine. It is an essential amino acid that exhibits powerful anti herpetic effects. And is also perfectly safe at the suggested doses and on a side note it is fairly non expensive, good luck.

Comment

• Remedy for cold sores - Placing a cool, wet towel on the sores 3 times a day for 20 minutes each time to help reduce redness and swelling. Also avoid foods that contains acid such as tomatoes and citric fruits.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X