Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which acne cream is best to remove bad acne?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• which acne cream is best to remove bad acne?

which acne cream is best to remove bad acne?

• Ok so first you need to understand that there are no miracle cures.
    Although SOME acne medicines DO work like magic for SOME people.
    The trick is finding the right one for you.
    Of course the optimal thing to do is to see a dermatologist but i'm assuming you
    either don't have the time or money for that or you would not be here asking us.

So according to a study on the consumer reports status:

With all products, after two weeks, about 75 percent of the volunteers saw a 35 percent reduction in lesions, on average.
    After eight weeks, about 50 to 66 percent of them saw a 40 percent reduction in lesions, on average.

So that's only a 35 percent reduction on average for three fourths of the people.
    I'm assuming the remaining 25 percent did not see any reduction at all.

The most famous and from I hear best working OVER THE COUNTER acne treatment is proactiv.
    It had the best results in the studies I have seen. So if you are doing OTC I would go with that.
    All my friends who have had bad acne and solved the problem have gone to a doctor and had something
    stronger than OTC prescribed so I would do that if I were you.

Comment

• It depends what type of acne you have. One of the best topical treatments is differin and panoxyl that you can get from the doctors. I use these daily to manage my acne. If that doesn't work then topical antibiotic is called for.
      If acne is bothering you, go see the doctor. You could waste money and time with otc products that may not be effective or suitable for you.
      “...choose to believe in your own myth
      your own glamour
      your own spell
      a young woman who does this
      (even if she is just pretending)
      has everything....”
      ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

• Dear it is best if you go with natural home remedies to treat acne. Have you heard about aloe vera gel? Apply pure aloe vera gel for 15 - 20 minutes over the affected area and than wash your face with plain water. You'll surely get rid of acne in couple of days. Aloe vera also makes skin beautiful and is a solution of all skin problems.

Comment

• I suppose everyones acne is a bit different but for me, no natural or OTC products did anything for my acne other than get my hopes up and waste my time and money. If you have severe acne....go see a dermatologist.
          “...choose to believe in your own myth
          your own glamour
          your own spell
          a young woman who does this
          (even if she is just pretending)
          has everything....”
          ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

• As you are having an acne problem, so do not use any kind of product or brand. It would be better if you go for home remedies.
            First of all, keep yourself hydrated by drinking two litres of water everyday. Avoid junk, spicy and oily food and eat lots of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables.
            Cucumber is the best home remedy that helps in getting rid of acne. Try this as following:
            Blend a peeled cucumber and apply its juice to your skin. Subsequently, clean your skin thoroughly and apply egg whites on your face with a cotton ball or cotton swab. Leave it on for a while; it is good for your skin because it is like an astringent.
            Hopefully, it will help you. Good luck.

Comment

• When you can treat your problem with natural way than why you want to buy expensive products? Aloe vera is a miracle plant to treat all skin problems. Massage your face for 2-3 minutes with aloe vera and leave it for 15 minutes, than rinse off. You will get rid of acne in couple of days. It is a proven method to treat acne.junk is also not good for you. Drink more and more water.

Comment

• Most common cause of acne is the bacteria that inhibits our skin because of the dirt, pollution and other harmful radicals that got from the surrounding. In order to remove acne fast, choose an acne cream that are antibacterial and exfoliant. Antibacterial wash can wash away bacteria in the skin and exfoliant can remove dead skin cell to make way for the development of new skin cells in the outer layer of the skin.

Comment

• Most of the time acne is cause by bacteria so opt for a cream that has an antibacterial property. It is also good if before you apply an acne cream on your skin, wash you face woth a gentle cleanser first, followed by a toner to remove dirt. You can also use exfoliant to get rid of dead skin cells.

Comment

• This is a bit more expensive than everyone else's comments but salicylic spot treatment and dark spot corrector that are both from Clinique, it works wonders I tell ya ha, are are doctor prescribed me a gel for my bad deeply scars and bad acne and it's called Stievamycin regular and it peeled skin or scars and acne, it saved my life but u need to get it from your doctor and tea tree oil works good too, read about it on Internet hope I helped

Comment

• I think i Beleive in Home Masks rather than using Creams and Lotions for some benefit, but they do have side effects , like white patches on skin

Comment

• I recommend you Jovees anti acne pimple cream contains neem, long pepper, red sandalwood and other precious herbal extracts which help to cure acne and prevent further acne breakout. This cream also helps to get a clean and fair complexion.

Comment

• If the acne spots are not too large, then it can diminish by use of creams. As you said, you have bad acne, then, according to me, cream is not enough for you. You need to consult an experienced doctor who can suggest you the best treatment after analyzing you.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                          X