Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird spot on forehead

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Weird spot on forehead

Hi.
    It's hard to explain so I'm going to give as much detail as I can and I apologize in advance if it gets confusing.

Since March, I've noticed I've had this very weird "spot" on my forehead. Now, either I've always had it but I just never noticed it OR it just randomly appeared. At first it looked like a pimple, a regular, every other day pimple. So I ignored it, didn't try to pop it because I didnt want it to grow in to a scar or whatnot, and continued to wash my face as usual. Then I realized that the skin around it was just a teeny tiny bit browner than the rest of my skin. Then as the months went by, the "brownish color" started to fade away and not it looks more "gray-y" but not too gray. In fact at this time it looks like one of those "brown scars".

Here's the part where it may get confusing. Depending on the lighting from wherever I am, it either looks like I have nothing at all, or it looks like a brown spot. If I am in bright sunlight its like nothing's there, but in dimmer lighting it looks dark. It also looks darkish if I'm in any sort of shade. In fluorescent light it only looks like i have an extremely tiny pimple and it is the same color as my regular skin tone. In neutral light, gets a little more confusing. Depending on the angle of where I look at it that kinda determines its shade. I know this is confusing, I'm even confused myself because I have no idea what the hell it is. I've tried getting a very good look at it but its small that I can't really make out what it may be. When I look at it in bright light, it actually looks like if it were actually a small scar. How did I get this scar? I have no idea, but what ever it is has not gone away, and makes me feel very self conscious about it. I don't know if it may be an acne scar, or a sun spot or whatever. Sometimes it just looks like a brown pimple. Believe it or not this "scar spot" or whatever it is has really been stressing me out because I fear it may get darker or bigger. I've been obsessing so much over it, I always look at it in the mirror just to make sure nothing has changed. I've always felt self-conscious about my looks and I know we all have our flaws. What should I do? Do any of you have any idea what it may be? Should I just ignore it?

Also, I forgot to mention, at first I used Neutrogena acne wash, but when I ran out I bought the cheap walgreens brand of acne wash and soon after was when I noticed it. But like I said I either already had it but just never noticed it or it actually randomly appeared on my face.

[I would post a picture but unfortunately I can't really get a legit view because of how small it is]

• How old are you?
    I would get it looked at by a doctor or dermatologist, and not ignore it. It's probably benign, but the only way to be sure is to have a doctor look at it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X