Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry/chapped lip line

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Dry/chapped lip line

I occasionally (once every other year) get this thing where the lip line (lip meets skin) gets really chapped and dry. If not taken care of, it will get really bad and the edges start to rip. I've even had it infected a few times and had to go to the dermatologists to get some prescription meds. This was before I discovered the glycerin and haven't had to go to a dermatologist since. The only thing that seems to work is glycerin. However, this time the dryness seems to persist and not completely go away. I apply the glycerin at night and in the morning the lips seem to be 95% healed. However, I'm having difficulty getting it to completely go away. If I miss the glycerin one night, it starts coming back. The rest of the lips are fine. Anybody else experience this? What has helped you?
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

• Ever tried shea butter? It's what I use for my hair and my skin, including my lips (which you probably know I'm obsessive about). I use it on my lips every morning out of the shower. I even keep some in my car. It can come in handy during the winter months or when I'm fasting. I use it to soothe the weird rashes I get on my hands in the winter months too.

I'm also very conscious of biting or licking my lips. I just don't do it.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• I am a Bert's Bees addict (hello effy, welcome). The Original Beeswax Lip Balm. My issue is not specific to lip line, but it gives me overall relief for chapped lips
      "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• Originally posted by effy2014 View Post
        I am a Bert's Bees addict (hello effy, welcome). The Original Beeswax Lip Balm. My issue is not specific to lip line, but it gives me overall relief for chapped lips
        Those work for everyday but not when I get this lip line dryness

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
        Ever tried shea butter? It's what I use for my hair and my skin, including my lips (which you probably know I'm obsessive about). I use it on my lips every morning out of the shower. I even keep some in my car. It can come in handy during the winter months or when I'm fasting. I use it to soothe the weird rashes I get on my hands in the winter months too.
        I'll give it a try although the usual stuff that works on the lips doesn't seem to work on the lip line.
        Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• The weird thing is my lips are completely fine. No chapped lips or any thing. Its just on the lip line.

Comment

• Protecting lips with lip balm is essential. A balm provides a buffer between your delicate skin and the weather or indoor heating, so never let your lips go nude.

Comment

• Chapped lips is caused by to much dryness in your lips. Especially now that winter is coming. The cold can cause dryness and you can't bundle you lips so it is exposed to the sun, wind, cold and dry air. And because the lips have only a thin layer of the skin, it tends to be dryer than the rest of your body. The lips lose up to 10 times more moisture than in any other parts of the face.

To avoid chapped lips here are some tips for you.

1. Avoid licking your lips.
              2. Use lip balm to keep the moisture.
              3. Look for lipstick with SPF to protect your lips.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X