Skin care for winter

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skin care for winter

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Skin care for winter

I would like to know from everyone what skin care regime they will be following for winter. I have a dry skin and the moisturizer wares of very soon. I need some solution for this.

• I have a moisturizer that I can put on right in the shower. (I just can't seem to get up early enough to put on lotion outside the shower.) During the week I use that. On weekends I exfoliate and use lotion when finished in the shower.

Comment

• Use moisturizer that's oil-based, rather than water-based, as the oil will create a protective layer on the skin that retains more moisture than a cream or lotion. Make sure to choose a product specifically for your skin type. Hydrating your skin twice a day is an ideal moisturizing routine. Stay hydrated. Use lukewarm rather than hot water in shower. Apply sunscreen. Eat foods that are rich in omega-3 is recommended as Omega-3 helps in regulating your skin’s oil production.

Comment

• I use Vaseline intensive rescue soothing moisture lotion. It's soooo cheap and sooo amazing. Really, you need nothing more than that. Only a few bucks for a huge bottle.

Comment

• I usually use oily moisturiser for my skin .

Comment

• I am also using only moisturiser on winter for my skin.

Comment

• I use Vaseline intensive rescue soothing moisture lotion for dry skin . It's really very good for dry skin & it works. I am practically proven & I suggest it.

Comment

• I know some home-based remedies for dry face in winter. Below, I have explained briefly what may be helpful to you:
                Rub some olive, almond or coconut oil and massage lightly on to your hands, legs and the rest of your body before heading for a shower.
                Honey is very useful for those who have dry skin. Lightly heat 2 tsp. of honey and apply it onto your skin (face, hands, legs) while warm. Leave it on for 15 minutes, and then wash it off. You can feel the change after that.
                Aloe vera is also beneficial for you. After bath, slice a piece of aloe, squeeze all the gel out and apply onto your face, hands or legs. It will not only moisturize your skin, but also form a protective layer that will keep impurities from entering your pores.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing the wonderful skin care remedies for winters.

Comment

• In winter you need to scrub skin more frequently and moisturizing.

Comment

• Same here me also has a dry skin. I usually use homoeopathy cream during winter. It has great result.

Comment

• Aloe Vera- This wonder plant is a natural skin healer
                        http://yourlifebalancing.com/sunspot...al-prevention/

Comment

• I use Vaseline Lip Therapy everyday. I use Vaseline Cocoa butter moisturizer on my hands every evening. I use Nivea Soft Moisturizing cream on my face each night. I do love my beauty products all year round.

Comment

• A heavy moisturizer is great for the winter. To avoid getting wind burn on your face during the harsh days, put on sunblock. Exfoliate two to three times a week tops.

Comment

• This is really a nice discussion topic as winter is going on in our area. Actually it is usual that in winter some skin problem will be faced. To avoid from such kind of problem you should follow some rules. Here you can use Vaseline to avoid such a problem.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X