Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkening of Skin HELP

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Darkening of Skin HELP

I have been to a dermatologist for this but with no help. I have a very predominant darkening of my skin right above my upper lip. It looks like I have a mustache sometimes depending on the angle of the sun, the lighting in the room, etc. I have tried all kinds of creams, microdermabrasion, etc. Is there any way to permanently remove this ugly thing above my lip without drawing any more attention to that area? I wanted to add it is not raised at all and there is no hair there at all either. Thanks for any help you may give to me!

• Hmm... it could be pigment that is affected by either age or sunlight and is starting to progressively change color over time. In which case, there isnt much you can do except wear subblock to try to prevent further discoloration. There are some new laser treatments around that are used to lighten dark pigmented skin such as birth marks and freckles. You might want to look into that. It is also possible that your hormones are changing and that you are starting to develop hair follicles under the skin. They may just not be coming out of the skin yet. If that is the case, then you might see if you are a candidate for laser hair removal which targets the dark pigment and destroys the hair follicle even if it is not above the skin.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X