How do I layer BOTH my anti-aging and anti-acne products??

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I layer BOTH my anti-aging and anti-acne products??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• How do I layer BOTH my anti-aging and anti-acne products??

Hi everyone,

My anti-aging regimen consisted of cleansing my face, applying NCN vit C serum, oil of olay moisturizer and topped with burnout sensitive face SS. At night I cleansed my face, and applied Ponds anti-wrinkle with lactic acid.

I also recently started up on RA 0.025 cream, and I immediately got red, irritated, flaky skin. To combat this, I decided to try an organic raw shea butter to really moisturize those peelies. Well, I think I was applying the shea butter wrong or something, because I broke out like crazyyyy, and had to see my Derm who immediately said it was acne. The Derm prescribed clindamycin 1% lotion and Differin to help smooth out my complexion.

Now my problem is I don't know how to combine both my anti-aging products with my anti-acne products? The Dr said the clindamycin must go on my skin first after cleansing, and then I could apply my moisturizer/SS. However, now I don't know how I can still include the Vit C serum? Do I put it on after the clindamycin, but before the moisturizer?

I haven't used the C serum in a couple of days and now I feel my skin is dull. I am already depressed because of the extreme breakout I am now facing, and I feel that my skin is no longer as glowy as it used to be when I was using the C serum.

I'm feeling sad, and need reassurance and guidance for how to get my regimen back on track.

Thanks for any help!

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
    References:
    Last edited by jns; 09-16-2017, 01:27 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

• Preserve your skin by trying these easily available home remedies, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and anti-aging spots on your face.

Top 10 Home Remedies to Treat Wrinkles and Anti-Ageing

Although several over the counter creams and beauty products are available in the market that helps treat skin aging, it is best to opt for time-tested home remedies that are not only effective but also safe with no side effects.

1. Olive Oil

Pour a few drops of virgin olive oil in your palm and apply on clean face and neck using soft circular motion. Massage for 5 to 10 minutes before going to bed; wash off with water in the morning.

2. Aloe vera

Cut off a leaf from the plant and scrape out the gel, apply on clean face, massage for 5 to 10 minutes in soft circular motion. Let it stay for 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water

3. Fenugreek

Grind a handful of fenugreek seeds to form a thick paste, add a teaspoon of honey to it, mix well and apply on face and neck. Let it stay for 1 hour and wash off with water.

4. Egg Whites

Break an egg and separate the yolk carefully. Apply the egg white evenly on face, let it dry for 15 minutes and wash off with water.

5. Bananas

Mash 2 ripe bananas to form a smooth paste, apply it evenly on clean face and let it stay for 30 minutes, wash off thoroughly with water and apply moisturizer.

6. Honey

Take a teaspoon of pure honey on your palm and apply it on your clean face using soft circular motion, let it stay for 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.

7. Lemon Juice

Squeeze out the juice from one lemon and dab on clean face with the help of cotton ball, let it stay for 30 minutes and wash off with water.

8. Pineapples

Crush 1/2 cup of pineapple pulp in the blender to form a smooth paste, apply it on face and neck and let it stay for 20 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water.

9. Avocados

Scrap out the pulp from one fruit and mash it to form a smooth paste, apply it on clean face and let it stay for 30 minutes, wash off with water.

10. Almonds

Soak 8 to 10 almonds in milk overnight, grind the nuts and turn it into a thick paste, apply on clean face and massage for 5 minutes using soft circular motions, leave for 30 minutes and wash off thoroughly with lukewarm water

Tips to Prevent the Appearance of Wrinkles and Fine Lines

Using these natural remedies and following these simple tips can go a long way in slowing down the process of aging and preserving the youthfulness of skin.

1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and have a balanced diet that includes all nutrients.

2. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily so that your skin remains well hydrated.

3 .Give up unhealthy habits such as smoking and drinking.

4. Get at least 8 hours of sleep daily.

5. Eat foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants.

6. Reduce stress and anxiety and try to relax your mind.

Now that you know the easily available natural remedies for wrinkles, include them in your daily skin care regime.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X