• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acne

I still have a ways to go, but my skin has been improving everyday ^.^

Stress:
    I believe that both mental and physical stress are huge factors of acne. I finished high school exactly when my brother finished university and our skin both improved after this. Take time to have a breather a Epsom salt bath (which will also raise you magnesium levels, which are especially lower in hypothyroidism). Physical stress could include harsh workouts and cardio, yoga is something that may be less stressful on the body.

Lack of Vitamins and Minerals:
    Specifically the relation between metabolism and vitamins. Example milk and coffee may cause acne because they increase metabolism when you are not getting adequate amounts of vitamins. Specifically the lack of vitamin A. Many people report that acne reduces in the winter and increases in the summer. Most people say that this is because the amount people sweat; I don't believe this is the case. My theory is that the increase amount of vitamin D in the summer also increases the need for vitamin A. You can find Vitamin A in Liver, Eggs, Milk, Cheese. Carrots are good for intestinal cleaning however, the vitamin a (beta carotene) is not bio available and only a little is converted to vitamin A (even less when you have low thyroid).

Food Sensitivities:
    Irritable bowels and food sensitivities may cause some of your acne. Experiment by simplifying the foods you eat while also getting enough vitamins.

Others:
    Thyroid (improving thyroid may be the most important thing you can do for your health and skin)
    Red Light (I am lovin it so far, if you are in the sun use redlight after to reduce sun damage)
    Zinc and trace minerals
    Sleep
    Niacinamide (topically with caffiene)
    Chlorine, chemicals in products
    Hormones

Credited information to Ray Peat
    I love reading his stuff, check it out!

Last edited by Katelyn777; 01-29-2018, 10:17 PM.

Originally posted by Ahsan1900
    It's possible that because bananas contain good amounts of fiber, that slows the sugar down and renders it much safer for acne. Moreover, there is a very simple trick to dramatically reduce the sugar content down to levels safe for acne. All you have to do is eat your bananas when they are barely ripe.
    Interesting, the potassium in the banana (and other fruits) can help the balance blood sugar as well.

Ripe bananas have more sugar, while unripe banana's have more starch. When the banana ripens the starch is converted to sugar. When you eat the starch of an unripe banana it will convert to glucose in your body... In my opinion starch has much more negative effects than sugar (lacks fructose (so it will be more fattening that a ripe banana), it increases inflammation, adrenaline, cortisol (+more acne) endotoxin and estrogen while also irritating your gut.

The only reason I think you would find results when eating an unripe banana in relation to acne is that the lack of fructose (starch is only converted to glucose) will lower your metabolism, thus your need for vitamin will also lower, resulting in less acne...

Comment

I agree with your advice, Katelyn777. Diet does affect acne. I don't know the exact science behind acne and diet but it is obvious there's a link between the two. But I also think acne is not always caused by junk food [although you did not say it was], as is a popular myth. Junk food doesn't help the body, though, and is best avoided: acne or no acne. The doctor can also prescribe a cream and pill to clear up problem skin. I do also think skin peels should always be avoided. They can be nasty. Anyhow, that's my input.

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
        I agree with your advice, Katelyn777. Diet does affect acne. I don't know the exact science behind acne and diet but it is obvious there's a link between the two. But I also think acne is not always caused by junk food [although you did not say it was], as is a popular myth. Junk food doesn't help the body, though, and is best avoided: acne or no acne. The doctor can also prescribe a cream and pill to clear up problem skin. I do also think skin peels should always be avoided. They can be nasty. Anyhow, that's my input.
        Exactly! junk food food doesn't always lead to skin issues. (my sister has beautiful skin and she eats what she wants ;. I am not that lucky, but having acne has actually made me become way healthier

Comment

Thanks for your thread here. You have written well about Acne. Yeah, this is the matter of concern. Acne is irritating and hamper personal life all the time. Recently I faced this kind of issue. And was looking for better solution to get rid of Acne. I read some good articles from the Internet Better solution for the Acne sufferer. Someone who is suffering for this kind of problem for long time this would perfect for them.

To get more details you might take a look here: https://skintagsremoving.com/best-ov...ons-and-pills/
          Last edited by Berrykane; 04-24-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahsan1900
            It's possible that because bananas contain good amounts of fiber, that slows the sugar down and renders it much safer for acne. Moreover, there is a very simple trick to dramatically reduce the sugar content down to levels safe for acne. All you have to do is eat your bananas when they are barely ripe.
            Oh wow! I'm writing this down.

Comment

Working...
            X