Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Breath

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Bad Breath

Hi All,
    I have no dental problem and I have nice and clean teeth. However, I have a bad and weird breath especially when I finish drinking a cup of coffee. Pls adv. Thanks a million

• your breath could just ceom from what you eat...i know someone with the same problem and all they were told was to watch what they eat because it is caused from the stomach acid and scrub their tongue and jsut eat mints

Comment

• But why it only occurs during drinking coffee? Any specific explanation? Thanks

Comment

• bad breath

Coffee is a problem because it is acidic. This causes the bacteria to reproduce very rapidly and therefore leads to instantaneous "coffee breath". This takes place whether the coffee has caffeine or not.

Comment

• Cut back on the coffee and if it continues speak to your dentist!

Comment

• Also a graeat tooth paste that has 24 bad breathe protection may help
            AND I always carry Tic tac's

Comment

• I to have the same problem but i add 1-2 drops of tea-tree oil on my toothpaste twice aday you can buy it at wal-mart in the vitamin section also drink alot of water if you get dry mouth that can cause bad breath and also make sure you brush your gums sides of mouth and tounge real good that's where alot of the bacteria grow's but since i've been using the tea tree oil my breath has gotten so much better my kid's told me that..lol but make sure to first test a small spot first just apply to the area below the wrist if you can not use it it will start to irriate your skin in seconds.

Comment

• I think that you should not drink coffee if it is not really needed to drink...And just don't drink it before going to somewhere.

Comment

• I can not give up my coffee, but I started using a special toothpaste that I got from a company that sells only natural, organic products. It works so well that even my dentist was surprised. It does have tea tree oil in it. The oil helps to kill bacteria, that causes bad breath. I also have a breath spray and gum that comes from the same company.

Comment

• Coffee always make my breath a little stinky. just make sure you brush afterwards. I generally wake up have a couple of cups eat a quick little breakfest after maybe some fruit or something brush my teeth and I'm out the door.

Comment

• brush your teeth twice daily.get your teeth cleaned by a dentist.may be you should change your food habits.drink plenty of water.eat more veggies.

Comment

• My husband used to always be bothered by bad breath...This was really bad with drinking coffee...However, the dentist now gives him some kind of a rinse that he rinses his mouth out twice a day and it has killed this...It is a prescription but a definately lifesaver...If anyone want to know write me and I will go into the bathroom and look it up....

Comment

• Bad breath can be caused by a myriad of things
                          and yes, what we eat or drink has an affect on our breath…

People who suffer from acid reflux and other digestive issues can suffer from bad breath. So do smokers, for smoking dries out the mouth. Dry mouths get bad breath. So that needs to be ruled out.

As for coffee …that’s not that big a deal. A natural solution is to keep a small bottle of whole clove seeds in your purse or work drawer. Chew gently on it to release the oils and roll it on your tongue. That will cleanse you breath.

but other things need to be considered.

One of the most common causes of bad breath (aka halitosis) is due to the large quantities of naturally-occurring bacteria are often found on far back regions of the tongue, where the bacteria not easily removed or disturbed by normal activity like eating or drinking. This part of the tongue is relatively dry and hard to cleanse (a lot of people have strong gagging reactions), and bacteria can thrive on remnants of food deposits, dead exfoliated tissue cells and postnasal drip, another reason why when people suffer from a cold or severe allergies their breath can worsen.

Using a tongue scraper and or your toothbrush to get as far back as possible to remove as much of the bacteria as possible, will help and give you a much prettier looking pink tongue.

People who suffer from periodontal (gum) disease will also suffer from bad breath. Acidic drinks can exacerbate the odor. When a dentist prescribes mouthwash, it is the kind that is prescribed for those with gum disease.

For the most part (not all), the gum disease can be avoidable. All we need to do is floss more.
                          Lack of flossing will also literally allow fragments of food to rot in between the teeth and along the gumline, allowing bacteria to breed very happily. Toothbrushes don’t get to all that yukky stuff. So we need to floss. Especially if we have dental work like crowns in our mouths.

Abscessed teeth and decayed teeth and will also cause bad breath.
                          Creativity is the ability to illustrate what is outside the box from within the box.

Comment

• There are various products available in the market to get rid of bad breath try "KFORCE"

Comment

• can u please lemme know what your husband's dentist prescribed .........

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X